Twitch Stream April 14th 2022 Summary

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Twitch Stream April 14th 2022 Summary

There was not too much new information so instead I will cover what was said and give you more details about the next patch.

Beta vs Now Content Philosophy

When we were in beta last year, we would put out content every two weeks with less polish to allow our players to help identify and fix issues that the new systems would bring. Since we are in a live release state, we will not continue in that path. We are committed to our current road map and are making sure new features are properly implemented before we patch. Let’s talk patches;

Next Patch moved to 19th

We are on track to release our patch next week, but due to the holiday, we have moved the patch one more day. We hope you understand and apologize for the small delay. Here are some confirmed features and how they may work.

Housing Passwords and Access Chests – The key system is being thrown out and we are replacing it with a password system. By setting a password (worded not numbers) for your house/stronghold, any player who knows the password will be able to get into the house. After a log off or a node line cross, you will have to re-enter the password to get inside. There will also be new chests called “Access Chests” that once a password is entered into a home, that player will also have access to all Access chests in the home.

Doors will have a few second delay for opening and closing to prevent silly house PvP.

Placeable – You will be able place Campfires, Portable Grizzlies, Portable Crushers, and Portable Grinders. These will be able to be placed inside and outside. There are some limitations in place.

Clade Respec – It will be an item you purchase to reset your clade gifts. It will also take away 10% of your TOTAL clade xp so you may be required to earn more.
Bank and Guard Vendor commands – You will be able to use vendors and banks such as /bank, /vendor, /broker, etc. while in the vicinity for a small QoL update. You will also be able to target criminal near towns and call for guards (/guards). A guard will spawn in the closest guard tower and come running.

HAPPY BONUS!
Contractor NPC First Wave – You will be able to contract a new Equerry NPC in your homes, strongholds and keeps. You will also be able to place a priest in your stronghold and keep. They can be purchased at capitals.

Equerry NPC – You will be able to place multiple Equerry NPCs in your house, however each house has its own ID for what is kept at the stables. This means that multiple NPCS for stables only counts as one database for keeping pets. (There is no benefit to multiple Equerries in a single home other than more access points). Anyone who can access your Equerry can place pets inside. This will be expanded on in a future TC update with permissions. These also increase your upkeep costs.

Stronghold/Keep Priests – You’ll be able to purchase Priests for your strongholds and keeps. These increase your upkeep costs.
Jungle Hunter Title – This Title has been fixed and Sators can be trackable for your kill count after the next patch.

Risar Dungeon Curse – This is addressed next patch.

Other Features - Most of these have been covered in a previous summary, please refer to that.

Other

Server-Side Patch Revert – Last week we reverted a server-side patch which caused some lag in Meduli and other areas. We plan to fix this next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Fire Arrows – These will be an addition for the first TC and Siege mechanics.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I really think they should have kept the key system, but you put in the code to be authorized to make the key.
A few seconds to the door closing will just be people preemtivly closing and then allowing them to have hands free to fight while the door closes. I might be not understanding the system but seems worse then before for trapping people in houses if there is no key drop.

House PvP is meh, slightly annoying . But its a great anti zerg mechanic.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I really think they should have kept the key system, but you put in the code to be authorized to make the key.
A few seconds to the door closing will just be people preemtivly closing and then allowing them to have hands free to fight while the door closes. I might be not understanding the system but seems worse then before for trapping people in houses if there is no key drop.

House PvP is meh, slightly annoying . But its a great anti zerg mechanic.
Yeah, I liked the idea behind keys, but the data showed they werent used as intended

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Housing Passwords and Access Chests – The key system is being thrown out and we are replacing it with a password system. By setting a password (worded not numbers) for your house/stronghold, any player who knows the password will be able to get into the house. After a log off or a node line cross, you will have to re-enter the password to get inside. There will also be new chests called “Access Chests” that once a password is entered into a home, that player will also have access to all Access chests in the home.
Pretty sure this is going to make a lot of guilds extremely paranoid, as just one mole or sleeper agent could be enough to cripple it from the inside. The guild may end up having to devote considerable resources and manpower on internal security because of this.

But I think it would add a very deep and interesting layer of internal guild politics and the kind of cold war-style espionage and sabotage actions. Given every account is only allowed one character, it is likely that every guild is going to be keeping a close eye on those on the inside and outside.

Yeah, the thief community aren't going to like the abolition of house keys. Maybe reintroduce lock-picking later down the line?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Here are some confirmed features and how they may work.

saw this and had to chuckle. Love ya SV!

Nothing bad here. I didn't understand if you can put up crushers or they are opening that possibility. The good thing is that there will be stuff around like... jungle camp which is soooo TC shitted atm. I hope someone will throw up some appliances and an EQ. Shit people could mail you money weekly in bakti haha.

I really wish there was a way to make there be less TC or to make it look less like an eyesore. I mean, and keep the functionality. The house chest thing seems legit , too.

owell peace. Good luck on your easter egg hunt.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Not a big fan of all chests having the same password, hopefully in the future it can be more granular or at least let us put some chests behind internal doors that have a different password?

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I wanted to make a clarification. Placeable Grinders, crusher and grizzlies are meant to only be placed outside homes and keeps. not in. They will not work inside homes.