MO2 Is stacked in favour of RPK

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
PK's get all the advantages.

PROS:

They decide where the fight takes place.
They decide whether to initiate the fight.
They have the element of surprise (priceless)
They can use blue as a subterfuge.
If killed first they can return to the fight quickly (see first point)
If they get the kill they can escape with loot quickly or decide to leave loot altogether without loss.
Besides name/Guild there is no way to identify or tag a serial killer.

CONS:

Parcel runs to maintain blue/standing.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I agree that whoever attacks first usually wins. I for example can get off two fulminates on someone before they know what hit them and kill them before they know where I am. But on the flip side if the enemy starts off by shooting my with an arrow it's very hard for me to make a comeback. I almost wish the game had a system similar to AO where pkers had to flag before attacking. That way you knew who was trying to kill you and could defend yourself. For example you would have to flag yourself gray before you could attack someone

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
I agree that whoever attacks first usually wins. I for example can get off two fulminates on someone before they know what hit them and kill them before they know where I am. But on the flip side if the enemy starts off by shooting my with an arrow it's very hard for me to make a comeback. I almost wish the game had a system similar to AO where pkers had to flag before attacking. That way you knew who was trying to kill you and could defend yourself. For example you would have to flag yourself gray before you could attack someone

Maybe if there was some visible tag that showed they have criminal actions enabled. That still gives them an advantage because, if you have crim actions off, they know you can't make the first hit.
Being able to go straight from blue to grey is too much of an advantage.

Reactions: Fromy

Tzone

May 16, 2021
No matter how horrible disavatanged PvPers are against carebears the carebears will continue to ask for more concession until there is no PvP left. You can no pacify them with trying to be fair and concede some of your PvP game to keep them.

Utter lies that PvPers are advantaged. You said its faster for a PvPer to get back into the fight when the red priest are at least half a hour away from town were the PvP happens. Every dungeon has a blue priest as well. So utter nonsensical lies about saying a PvPer can return to the fight faster when blue naked griefers swarm back into every dungeon fight and can swarm back from every town fight.

Have some memory pass a gold fish to remeber who attacked you last. You just want some magical way for a person who got 5MCs which most likely came from defending them selves from someone about to attack them. Have some situational awareness, if you are not paying attention of course anyone and initiate the fight first. No reason that you should not just remember the names of players. IRL do criminals has red names floating over their heads? No logic to your complaints.

RED NAMES WERE REMOVED BECAUSE GRIEFERS ON BLUE ALTS WOULD GRIEF PEOPLE INTO GOING RED. Like have you played a MMO before that had rednames? People would have blue alts for the soul reason of making other players who didnt even want to PvP or kill other players go red. When someone follows you around all day long, taking your loot, kill stealing, telling others your location so they can kill you, blue blocking or being a general nusince then you either kill them or sit in town.

No red names protects the people who got griefed because they got blueblocked or harassed.

So far the rest is you complaining about how you can not fight people who are about to attack you because the game punishes PvP and defending your self to harshly.

We had so many of our dedicated long time players out of the community quit over how punishing it is to just simply PvP yet you somehow are trying to argue that being a PvPer is not punishing? Being a blue is not punishing if you know how to play. the only punishing part is that PvP is not allowed till after you are attacked and punishing PvP is not going to make that stop its just going to make it worse.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
No matter how horrible disavatanged PvPers are against carebears the carebears will continue to ask for more concession until there is no PvP left. You can no pacify them with trying to be fair and concede some of your PvP game to keep them.

Utter lies that PvPers are advantaged. You said its faster for a PvPer to get back into the fight when the red priest are at least half a hour away from town were the PvP happens. Every dungeon has a blue priest as well. So utter nonsensical lies about saying a PvPer can return to the fight faster when blue naked griefers swarm back into every dungeon fight and can swarm back from every town fight.

Have some memory pass a gold fish to remeber who attacked you last. You just want some magical way for a person who got 5MCs which most likely came from defending them selves from someone about to attack them. Have some situational awareness, if you are not paying attention of course anyone and initiate the fight first. No reason that you should not just remember the names of players. IRL do criminals has red names floating over their heads? No logic to your complaints.

RED NAMES WERE REMOVED BECAUSE GRIEFERS ON BLUE ALTS WOULD GRIEF PEOPLE INTO GOING RED. Like have you played a MMO before that had rednames? People would have blue alts for the soul reason of making other players who didnt even want to PvP or kill other players go red. When someone follows you around all day long, taking your loot, kill stealing, telling others your location so they can kill you, blue blocking or being a general nusince then you either kill them or sit in town.

No red names protects the people who got griefed because they got blueblocked or harassed.

So far the rest is you complaining about how you can not fight people who are about to attack you because the game punishes PvP and defending your self to harshly.

We had so many of our dedicated long time players out of the community quit over how punishing it is to just simply PvP yet you somehow are trying to argue that being a PvPer is not punishing? Being a blue is not punishing if you know how to play. the only punishing part is that PvP is not allowed till after you are attacked and punishing PvP is not going to make that stop its just going to make it worse.

You're denying all of these things being advantages? Maybe read what I wrote again. The attacker decides where the attack takes place and if they are smart (maybe you aren't) they will choose to attack near a red priest or another place they can rezz quickly and return from.

You know what, I don't really care about your opinion of "carebears". If you don't want them playing then be honest and tell them to FRO out of your precious game. Because you haven't made any concessions at all and it's pure gaslighting to assert that you have.

MCs exist to stop it being the bloodbath that you obviously want it to be. But, do you know why that never happens? Because nobody would want to play by your cutthroat rules and the game would die. That's your choice: accept carebears or lose the game. I know which way you'll go already but now you can't say you weren't warned.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire

Lol. It's not really an ambush when the player is a blue unknown. That's a convenient disguise. It's kinda like game skins where you don't know what class or armour a person is before you engage them. Would you be in favour of visual skins in MO2?

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
Lol. It's not really an ambush when the player is a blue unknown. That's a convenient disguise. It's kinda like game skins where you don't know what class or armour a person is before you engage them. Would you be in favour of visual skins in MO2?

No point in trying to debate with some of these HaRdCoRe vets. They want the advantage of hiding behind a blue name. They want to grief new players at the graveyard and get first hit unopposed. They'll reply to every single thread spouting the same bullshit about carebears. In reality they're the noobs hiding behind a blue name 🙄

Nobody is complaining about PK happening. If I see a red player I know what to expect. The Blue/Grey system sucks currently.
It could make sense if there was a Deception skill to hide your nameplate along with upcoming thievery stuff.

Reactions: Myta and Atom

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
PK's get all the advantages.

PROS:

They decide where the fight takes place.
They decide whether to initiate the fight.
They have the element of surprise (priceless)
They can use blue as a subterfuge.
If killed first they can return to the fight quickly (see first point)
If they get the kill they can escape with loot quickly or decide to leave loot altogether without loss.
Besides name/Guild there is no way to identify or tag a serial killer.

CONS:

Parcel runs to maintain blue/standing.

This is true in any game... He who attacks first generally wins. It is also like that in real life and in sports, he who seizes the initiative generally wins.

So the moral of the story is, be proactive not reactive.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
This is true in any game... He who attacks first generally wins. It is also like that in real life and in sports, he who seizes the initiative generally wins.

So the moral of the story is, be proactive not reactive.

Not true. Plenty of war stories show the offensive side losing.
And in real life the person throwing the first punch definitely loses in court.
Plenty of martial arts specifically teach you to let the opponent make the first move so you then have an idea of their plan/intent.
If we apply RL rules to mortal then it'd be more like a mugging simulator than a reflection of combat situations. The best way to avoid being mugged is to not go to the part of town where mugging is rife.

Aegis301

Sep 14, 2021
I'm friends of players in MO2 who exploit the current blue name system to gain an advantage. It has to do with how late your name and guild tag shows to other players. It's all about the alpha strike.

I don't condone it, but it happens. Needs to be looked at.

Reactions: Atom

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Keep Instance 1 and turn it into a more pvp based ruleset!! It fixes lag issues, fix some pvp issues, no worries about TC. Make it a fun romp! Sure, bigger pvp guilds are gonna stay on main, but there's plenty of fun to have.

But I do think that RED needs to be brought back and be open pvp (outside of town obv, can still enter town.) That's the only change I would make. And do away with the stupid res far away system and all that. Maybe even do away w/ rep. Make it so you can attack Reds w/o going grey. If you pvp, you are open pvp. If you know how to play, you can handle this. Some reds will be seen as cool and not be KoS'd. Then get rid of all of the other punishments.

Having to go grey to attack someone who is a pvper or who just killed you is kinda bad design. You should at least get a local window, but in general, I think RED brings more action to the game, esp if they aren't hit by statloss and locked out of town. JUSSAYIN'. Dudes can listen or they can not, but I know I'm RIGHT.

Reactions: Atom

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
The “pvpers” or so these people claim to be, don’t want to be flagged as red murderers cause then they will have the antiPK players like us who want to pvp red flagged players. They don’t want fair pvp they only want the ambush suprised of waiting till someone has 3 npcs on them and wack them a few times for a easy win. If I saw a red player and the red player saw me as a blue pull my weapon out then he knows we are about to have a 1v1 while in his perfect world if we are both blue with our weapons out I have no clue if he’s going to attack me and I can’t make the first move cause if I do then I go grey and get the murder count, even if I KNOW he’s gonna attack me he still gets the first hit on me cause he’s blue so the whole “ambush argument” is thrown out the window. Only compromise I can see is if someone with over 5 murder counts can stay “blue” but if I attack him first since after countless times I know he’s a murderer then I shouldn’t go criminal at all for attacking him.

the funny thing is, if they brought back being “red” like other mmos do and let them go to towns and such they would get a lot more “pvp” cause right now the “pvp guy” gets to decide when he pvps but it should go both ways.

Reactions: Piet, Turd and Atom