FIXED:(FULLSCREEN AMD ERROR FOR DXGI)Mortal Online 2 Crashing after Patch .35 to UE4 Editor Crash Submit. (win 10)

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
I am not sure if they New Patch Is causing my Game to Actually Crash or If Unreal Engine Editor Was trying to Mistakenly Load Mortal Online 2, I mean Could be either or :)
If Its just new Crash with Patch ok i wait, But If Unreal Engine Editor Is Opening Mortal Online 2 Accidently ( Have Seen this Before with a few Games Launching though Unrealengine.Exe) Is there a way I can Set Defaults Of Unreal Engine to not Open Outside Games?
Thank You Sincerely,
The Great Dread Cat Lord MeowMix

Attachments

• 2020-09-09 (1).jpg
    2020-09-09 (1).jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Crewe

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
I dont Think its Unreal engine 4 Editor with Epic Games Launcher launching it i guess Because i uninstalled and still same error.
Not Sure If Steam Vr needs to Be installed for this going to throw that in.
Maybe my Antivirus is blocking something also. going to try to disable.

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
I have no idea what the Cause of this exactly was but I think Something with Firewalls Antivirus Programs, Unreal engine Loading it Who knows its working now........................................................Something borked with my windows install on my part Sorry I cant quite figure it out if i do Will post thanks dudes

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
From my experience with crashes in MO2. Just try restarting it again. Also if you have any malware or pop up blockers, they can give issues too.

At the moment I have most of my protections turned off ( when playing MO2 ) and if you have VR stuff on your computer you will have to leave it open or remove it from the VR game list. Having the VR open up does have some issues with crashing when you close out the oculus or w/e VR you are working with.

I hope this helps some, also please send all the crash reports you get. This will help SV get passed the crashing issues.

-Phen

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
@Phen Thank you for Advice! I did some troubleshooting, restarting, Antivirus, and firewalls, SteamVR had nothing to do with this error though.
DXGI_ERROR swap chain is the code that is given thru unreal engine. I have not found the exact reasoning behind all of this.
Ive found this Swapchain error can Be one of these things: Vertical Sync, Fullscreen settings, Maxed out settings, (Saved settings)
V Sync disabled for AMD GPU i feel could be man reasoning of Crash since enabling is only for Nvidia cards.
Max settings error is could be my GPU
fullscreen saving DXGI error possibility
Save settings Would be along the lines of the PAckages not rewriting Hence Alpha.

AMD Radoen Lite 19.1 Works well asides for weapon sounds, Body Armor Sounds and weapon swap Causes Switching Attacking of Weapons to Lock.
(Sounds Worked For first hour fo Gameplay for FX)
Radeon lite with 20.4 Was best Working But still seeing if this gives error after launch
New Adreniline Radeon Launcher:
20.4 Worked , didnt test all though, all sounds working and gpu (kept enabling Vsync when its for Nvidia :) ugh)
20.8 Launches once but then gives DXGI errror ( no errors on first launch) (enabled vsync changed settings)

ATM i am running with 19.1 Radoen Lite launcher with Sounds bugs going to try and get 20.4 to work correctl i think the main problem lies in the 20.8 DXGI error.

In Turn i think this is Just AMD Driver issue.
Hope this Can help anyone Else with AMD cards :)

This DXGI error seems to be a fairly common issue amongst other games BF3,etc.

AMD Radeon RX570 8GB

And a fun Screenshot to go Along!2020-09-10 (11).jpg

Last edited:

Zequron

Jul 13, 2020
You should seriously try MalwareBytes and just remove all the other "anti-viruses".

It's the only thing I have on my windows 10 install and it'll protect the PC before things can happen.

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
Thanks Zeq But running smooth WIndows Protection is more then enough. ( had enough with all these free anti-scam programs they usually bork everything Id advise you too uninstall malbytes you dont even need it windows has its own malware protection embeded.)( This is a AMD driver error as i stated Directly related to DXGI in 20.4 to 20.8 AMD driver)

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
The exact cause of this is setting Game to Fullscreen for the DXGI_error For AMD cards. Just tested set to fullscreen and save returned Unreal Crash.
Going to Delete .Ini File to Reset Graphics to Default and giver it a try.

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
Fix: Delete AppData\Local\MortalOnline2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini
Deleting this restored my defaults and auto generated new ini file and gtg just need to avoid everything but Fullscreen.
Default Original Fullscreen Setting works but When changed to Fullscreen Screen changes Color(then on restart DXGI_ERROR).
Windowed and Windowed FullScreen seem to work fine.
Thanks!

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
Other Misc Workarounds:
Weapon Lock Logout usually works or restart client.
Sound FX: (I was installing Fresh OS with New system whilst installing drivers and mortal too much at once)( think it was my sounds drivers partially)
Reinstall and Deleted all AppData\Mortal Online 2 folder.
Sound FX works fine now. Glitched once restart client fixed Sound FX working normally.