Possible Guide for Alpha Testing- Poll

Would these rules fit for alpha testing and create a better testing environment for everyone?

• Needs some edits before official posting.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rules are meant to be broken, who cares.

• I like the motion, but no comment.

• Total voters

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Alpha testing guidelines for Mortal Online 2!

This is a friendly poll for a guide to help both alpha testers and SV get through the alpha testing process smoothly and efficiently.

By the agreement of TOS, there are some slack ruling places ( After lease these rules become more solid. ) to allow some players who aren’t caught to keep doing so until found guilty. For testing purposes I here by post this poll to help SV and other testers do the job they feel needs to be done.

***Please know these are not official rules by SV, these are rules I’ve gone over with players recently that i feel would benefit the testing process.***
  • Absolutely no harassing another member of the community or SV. - Simple example: If a player asks another player to stop interrupting them, the harassing player must comply and be respectful in the alpha testing phase.​
  • Any player that found a bug or glitch in the system must report it to the best of their ability in the report bug system in game. * Remember only 200txt, be crafty with your words​
  • Anyone abusing bugs or glitches within the game may be subject to temp ban until release of beta. * Video proof must be shared to a member of SV for validation of complaint.​
  • All players who attend an event posted by a community member or member of SV, must comply with all rules stated in this guide.​
  • During any event or testing period of alpha phase, a player disrupting an event will be removed from testing until beta release or at SV’s discretion.​
  • Sharing knowledge of bugs and glitches is okay, strictly to provide a reproduction of bugs and glitches. * This is for testing purposes ONLY, provide a written message in-game saying what you are testing. If you are reported for bug abuse please screenshot the testing message. Careful testing is okay, abusing bugs and glitches come with consequences as stated in this guide.​
  • Do not talk down to any other testers and be respectful to everyone in the game.​
  • Henrik in game is the Owner of Mortal Online and an important partner of SV, Any rules set by him during any event must be followed.​
  • Do not share unreleased information that you may have found.​
  • Treat the game as if it is your own creation, help and support SV to make this the best MMO possible.​
  • Debating should be brought to forums as it congests the discord and makes it hard to see updated and information shared by members of SV. * Not all debates need to be posted, debating anything should be in the focus of bettering the game we are testing. General conversation is okay, we do need to work together.​
  • All private conversations with SV must be kept in private messages and not used for any reason unless explicitly told otherwise. * This is to protect SV and members of the community.​
  • Any issues with a player should be brought to the attention of a SV member and a clear claim with video proof must be provided during the complaint. SV members will deal with that member as they see fit. * This may include 24hr ban or ban till beta release.​
  • All uses of Mortal Online 2 Alpha videos, pictures and content must have a Alpha / Spoiler related tag on them. * This is to protect both the player and the creators as the game is still in alpha and much more is to come. As stated in previous QnA, some things are placeholders and some are not. Be generous to SV, they gave us this opportunity for testing an unreleased game.​
  • As for all other rules, conditions, and policies related to the game, forum page, discord, and TOS are posted in Mod Announcements on Mortal Online 2 Forum Page. Post related to TOS is Ban and Rule Confusion - Answered.​

These rules are created by a conversation that was posted and I feel this needs to be cleared up some for testing purposes. Please let me know what you think and if I missed anything please comment below. Thank you guys for helping me through this, as I see this being something many of us can agree on and make this a fun fulfilling alpha testing period.

❤ -Phen​

D

Dracu

Well its a sandbox game lets make our own rules then.
I love this btw, great job xPhen I will follow that.
Wished such stuff would come from SV though.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Kavu and Phen

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Well its a sandbox game lets make our own rules then.
I love this btw, great job xPhen I will follow that.
Wished such stuff would come from SV though.

I agree. But hey, if I see a bunch of people agree or at least are willing to follow. That's good enough. Then we know who's really testing and who's messing around over helping the testing process.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Good initiative to write this down. Everyone is able to behave themselves so shouldnt be that hard really.

I hope you don't mind me adding.

"IF everyone is able to behave themselves."

This is the one time imo that everyone in MO2 should work together not against each other.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Anachroniser

Aug 9, 2020
I feel like using a bug is fine as generally bugs go deeper than the surface level readily apparent bug, if you don't use/abuse the bug for sake of testing, some implications of the bug may not be found. The key is a willing dueling partner.

Reactions: Waalan

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I feel like using a bug is fine as generally bugs go deeper than the surface level readily apparent bug, if you don't use/abuse the bug for sake of testing, some implications of the bug may not be found. The key is a willing dueling partner.

Using a bug for testing purposes is fine. Using a bug to your advantage in a fight is not fine... i believe the guide state its okay to test bugs but not abuse them.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Excellent work man. Would love to see this become official. People need to realize that we're not in this alpha purely for ourselves. If you're not in the alpha to actually test and positively impact the future of the game then you shouldn't be here at all.

Reactions: Phen

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I hope you don't mind me adding.

"IF everyone is able to behave themselves."

This is the one time imo that everyone in MO2 should work together not against each other.
Its a general statement, everyone is able to behave themselves even serial killers. If they want or not is another question.