finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/patch-notes-0-0-0-23.362/

Added:
  • Added support for torches.
  • Added the Fabernum Tower Dungeon.
  • Added Torches to chests in cities.
  • Added Priests at Pig Farm, Meduli Ruins, Tindrem Gates and Fabernum Dungeon.

Changes:
  • Optimized rotation and location updates to make blocking archs on server more exact.
  • Made minor optimizations to the server for movement code.
  • Adjusted Unarmed+Shield and Sword1H+Shield attack animations.
  • Removed render occluder property from player weapons. (it was causing object pop-ins behind the shield in first person view)
  • Updated blends in animation logic to remove some hitches in combat transitions.
  • The charge circle will now be filled when reaching a full charge at 100% damage, and then flash when the extra second for a hard charge at 120% damage.
  • Slightly lowered max movement speed.
  • Adjusted weapon head traces on 2H hammers and axes.
  • Hitting another player when charging your weapon will no longer break the charge, but instead give a small stamina penalty.
  • Click drag is now the default setting for swing/block direction.
  • Increased the Minimum and Maximum view distance.

Fixes:
  • Fixed rare crash when loading NPCs.
  • Fixed issue with long chat messages. (again)
  • First iteration of weather is now in. (rain)
  • Fixed equip code so that it no longer unequips items if it doesn't have to.
  • Fixed a couple of rare crashes.
  • Fixed bug in block state where direction would be reset.
  • Fixed missing sprint animations to Sword1HShield and Unarmed+Shield.
  • Fixed issue where long hairstyles would flip over the head in odd scenarios. (exposing the neck)
  • Fixed Harness not showing ingame for shields.
  • Fixed Harness not showing for shields in paperdoll.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some players to run around unarmed when they actually were armed.
  • Fixed an issue where unarmed + shield didn't block/parry correctly.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented shields from draining the correct amount of stamina.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the death sound from a player to be cut mid sound.
  • Fixed an issue with the shield equip/unequip sounds wasn't being played.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to play both walk and sprint animations at the same time.
  • Fixed bug where certain keys lacked default binds.
  • Veteran widgets. (visually complete and has the base for its backend integrated)
  • Minor polish to settings.
  • Lots of world polish. (Thanks for all awesome reports!)
  • Fixed an issue where hitting a player corpse still played hurt sounds.
  • Fixed disappearing props in Fabernum.

Known Issues:
  • Torches does not cast shadows.
  • Torches light settings are a bit off.
  • Some lightning/shadow issues inside Fabernum Tower Dungeon.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
"Increased the Minimum and Maximum view distance."
Before the patch my view distance was at ~30%. After the change my view distance was at -70%. So I assume min view distance got increased by 100%?

Whatsoever, after adjusting my min settings to the new min my FPS inside Fab dropped from avg ~50 to ~40 when not moving.
(Playing on 4k with a 1080ti, and everything on min).
When moving FPS drop frequently below 35.

When standing still in front of the new dungeon I got 40 FPS.
As soon as I enter it and look towards the stairs it drops to 30.
When I start fighting there I get a slide show.

I understand why this change was made. It looks way better even with the new min settings.
However, can you please lower the min settings again at least until performance optimizations were done? Currently I'm not able to do any PVP.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Performance sure took a hit. It was to be expected though.

The dungeon is cool and seems well designed. Apart from the horrible performance my fights have been good. No teleporting into the ceiling, no floating, no weird getting stuck. If AI works on the same level of quality I´ll be a happy camper.

Can´t speak to the combat changes. With the slide show I couldn´t block anything anyhow.

Waterfalls need a bit of work, other than that I like the rivers. The one towards sausage lake could be deeper though.

Ah yes, add loot to the dungeon!

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
this patch absolutely BROKE combat my weapon gets stuck and cannot attack so MANY TIMES is ridiculous mate

Rhias

May 28, 2020
this patch absolutely BROKE combat my weapon gets stuck and cannot attack so MANY TIMES is ridiculous mate

You mean that bug when your swings cancel instantly?
And that can be only solved by blocking and pushing?
I get that bug frequently since ever. But I can't say that it occurs now more often than it did in the past...

Rhias

May 28, 2020
You mean that bug when your swings cancel instantly?
And that can be only solved by blocking and pushing?
I get that bug frequently since ever. But I can't say that it occurs now more often than it did in the past...

I think I got that bug now... Can't even block or put back my weapon... Interesting.

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
Anyone Unable to Login I equipped a Torch With New Patch Game Crashed and havnt been able to login in Since then :).<3 ( i think it has something to do with Steam i got new computer hardd drives partitions ugh thats my prob though <<<)

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Meduli ruins?I loved that town and spent most of my time in MO1 there.Can someone make a video of that location,please?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
are you using shadow play?
I use Bandicam, however due to an unforeseen issue with Nvidia RTX Voice settings and Razer Core X and laptop being started up simultaneously the video had no game audio and the commentary was filled with popping and stuttering. Managed to fix it by changing the sound settings and powering up Core X after my laptop.