Concerning resource availability and productivity of Tindrem

Should tindrem contain the following resources in a guarded and relatively safe area?

• Total voters

Anachroniser

Aug 9, 2020
In mortal online 1 tindrem became the de facto capital of myrland and with good reason, it was the largest town with everything you could want in it. The problem is that this includes resources. Something I had always loved about the design of mortal online is that each region has certain resources in varying amounts leading to profitable trade and localized markets. This led to the jungle being a significant source of calx and scales, the existence of tephra crater etc. the problem is that though they werent bountiful, almost every resource save tephra was available everywhere on the map. Sure you couldnt get calx without leaving tindrem but it was less than 10 minutes away. Inside of tindrem you could mine gabore saburra and granum, you could farm the bandits in the slums or you could run the sewers which, if run quickly and in a small group, was one of the more profitable activities in the game. You could even fish for scales and silk if you felt like it. The problem is that the gathering of these materials was incredibly safe and could be done afk without any real risk thus greatly devaluing anything available in town, which was quite a lot in fact. I hope that safe and easy materials are less prevalent in MO2 to maintain an element of trade and scarcity. Tindrem often felt like its own complete game in MO1 and did a disservice to the rest of the vast world that was made. While I admit that the slum bandits and the sewers weren't exactly safe I do feel that they are disproportionately safe compared to their rewards and other dungeons.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Well, not a single resource should be available in a guarded area in the main game. That´s what Haven is for.

I think sewers are fine, since you can be ganked there and still have to transport the stuff to the bank. Same for the graveyard, to a degree. The payout needs to be quiet low though.

Absolutely no mining, chopping or gathering. It´s bad for gameplay and silly design. Any resource within the capital of an empire would have been exploited hundreds of years ago.

Tindrem should revolve around trade, some light PvE in non-guarded areas and guilds trying to hold districts for housing and taxes. Oh and with fishing you should only get garbage, it´s a big city after all.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Well, not a single resource should be available in a guarded area in the main game. That´s what Haven is for.

I think sewers are fine, since you can be ganked there and still have to transport the stuff to the bank. Same for the graveyard, to a degree. The payout needs to be quiet low though.

Absolutely no mining, chopping or gathering. It´s bad for gameplay and silly design. Any resource within the capital of an empire would have been exploited hundreds of years ago.

Tindrem should revolve around trade, some light PvE in non-guarded areas and guilds trying to hold districts for housing and taxes. Oh and with fishing you should only get garbage, it´s a big city after all.
You mean they shouldn't put 50 granum stacks inside MK again :(?

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
back at the start of MO, all the materials you could mine within the towns were 'low quality' and were useless to mine. i dont know when or why they changed it but SV did make them 'normal' nodes at some point. i'm all for going back to the previous way of having nodes in towns and immediately outside of them even be 'low quality' once more

-barcode

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
mayb they should put all that stuff in tindrme but only in areas were bandits are or monsters and shit, or deep down in the sewers to generate more reason to go down there.

the thing is if you all wanna have tindrem as a main trade town than it has to be viable to be there. or people will choose a other spot. to life.
or maybe they will spread and if we are not much people than trade = dead.

with not much items on the brokers and stuff would be shitty aswell

Reactions: PoisonArrows

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
mayb they should put all that stuff in tindrme but only in areas were bandits are or monsters and shit, or deep down in the sewers to generate more reason to go down there.

the thing is if you all wanna have tindrem as a main trade town than it has to be viable to be there. or people will choose a other spot. to life.

Looking at EVE I don´t think having a lot of resources actually promotes trade hubs. It´s population and location. Tindrem is problematic since it´s in Myrlands NW. In the long run with boats and all the continents etc. I´m sure it´ll very central and a good trade hub. You can see on the map that this would be true.

Tindrem could be a good gold source. As in the actuall currency dropped by mobs is quite high. Then player want to bring their resources to Tindrem to sell for gold.

Attachments

• Nave.jpg
    Nave.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Zbuciorn

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Looking at EVE I don´t think having a lot of resources actually promotes trade hubs. It´s population and location. Tindrem is problematic since it´s in Myrlands NW. In the long run with boats and all the continents etc. I´m sure it´ll very central and a good trade hub. You can see on the map that this would be true.

Tindrem could be a good gold source. As in the actuall currency dropped by mobs is quite high. Then player want to bring their resources to Tindrem to sell for gold.
i agree, i forgot that, also the ports will paly a role than.

that would be awesome, than we dont nee dmuch reosurce sin tindrem maybe wood is enough. yeah as trading hub with huge amoutns of resources palyers ship there, 100% times better.

give that men a medal of honor. (no seroisly i like the idea, it sounds like sarcasm but it isnt :) )

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
back at the start of MO, all the materials you could mine within the towns were 'low quality' and were useless to mine. i dont know when or why they changed it but SV did make them 'normal' nodes at some point. i'm all for going back to the previous way of having nodes in towns and immediately outside of them even be 'low quality' once more

-barcode
So much this. Anything close and inside towns should be low quality like in beta. Dunno why they changed it.

BTW OP there IS calx in tindrem, near the bandit spots.

Reactions: Xunila and Speznat

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
How did you get multiple question for your polls? For some reason i was only able to put 3 on mine?

Last edited:

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I'm on board with the Dungeon thing. I found it hard to get people into Mortal Online1 because a lot of players i introduced in the game started in Tindrem and i would show them the Graveyard, to level their skills, and then show them the scoundrels and rats in sewers and then the bandits in Tindrem B area. But honestly... The sad part was Many people got bored very quickly once they realized there was nothing else to do in the starting town.. They would get Murdered trying to adventure past Tindrem and never really discover more to the game. I think adding a few options for Farming materials in the starting city and a few noob friendly dungeons with maybe "MID TIER" Gear and items being the best you can find would make exploring outside of Tindrem a much more player friendly experience. And make showing the New Game to new players a more fun experience then "Okay here's the graveyard and here is the Sewer... You can't do anything else until you save Money for a horse Enjoy"

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

Completely agree, Case in point the state of Mo1 right now is Dead af and trade is practically non-existent. Reason being because Mo2 beta is a thing atm. But that same reason can apply if there is no reason to live in Tindrem in Mo2. I think the original game needed more resources and more dungeons then just Sewer. The hardcore nature of the game creates a Grinding Feeling for noobs to just grind out graveyard and then grind out sewers, Get killed and lose the items they bought from auction house and then repeat. It was a challenge getting any of my friends to play because they lost interest of those starter areas once they realized there was nothing else to do in town and they all loved Tindrem.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Its all kind of tricky because a new player should have some option to raise their initial skills in town and SV does actually want players to be able to live exclusively in the cities if they choose to.

One idea would be to make it not legal to mine and cut on city property without proper authorization. Players could have an option to be hired by the city and be paid to do the mining and cutting that the city needs done. This however would only result in getting experience and pay for the work. But no actual resources are gathered and entered into the economy.

They could theoretically still be able to use said money to buy resources from the broker or off other players. Which would probably be good for the economy.

Though the pay should be relatively low compared to harvesting and selling actual ore one would have to get outside of cities.

• Wow
Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

That is ridiculous how do you expect to make the new game more of a success if the new players are limited to the same problems as Mo1? What send them to graveyard and Sewers and expect them to have a Grand fun time? Give me a break, there is a difference between a hardcore game and a game that has nothing in it... Many noobs never ventured past Tindrem because getting killed repeatedly isn't a good learning experience to them.. And they had no idea where to go unless a high lv player showed them lol because everything is a secret too. There needs to be more of a focus on making the new game as entertaining as possible for newer players. Otherwise this game that we all love is going to be as Dead as Mo1 a few months after release. You need more then a Graveyard and a Sewer and a few trees to chop to make a game interesting.

Reactions: Speznat

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
That is ridiculous how do you expect to make the new game more of a success if the new players are limited to the same problems as Mo1? What send them to graveyard and Sewers and expect them to have a Grand fun time? Give me a break, there is a difference between a hardcore game and a game that has nothing in it... Many noobs never ventured past Tindrem because getting killed repeatedly isn't a good learning experience to them.. And they had no idea where to go unless a high lv player showed them lol because everything is a secret too. There needs to be more of a focus on making the new game as entertaining as possible for newer players. Otherwise this game that we all love is going to be as Dead as Mo1 a few months after release. You need more then a Graveyard and a Sewer and a few trees to chop to make a game interesting.

Wrong on so many levels. If someone quits because they get ganked they should not play a full loot game with open PvP. Period. Breaking core concepts of the game to cuddle up to those players will not help. SV has been doing that with MO1 and it did not work.

Tindrem in MO1 had A LOT of resources, A LOT of commodities and all within safe reach of the guardzone. Increasing the amount of resources you can get while being safe is not gonna help once you move past it. It will however break the game for everyone else.

Tindrem was a shit starter town for lots of reasons. That is why SV now will have Haven, which is not linked to Myrland. There players can learn all the non-pvp activities to their hearts content. Then they get transferred and many will still quit. Cause the game IS hardcore. Secrets, ganking, loosing your shit, getting lost ... all that is part of what sells Mortal online.

I don´t get the argument that if hold someones hand long enough they will stay longterm. At some point they are gonna get hit - hard.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
This is what Haven is for, not Tindrem. What you propose is just gonna end up with vets abusing those easy in town resources and probably grief any new player that tries to get them.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Old MO1 Tindrem was aids of a starter town. For noobs basically only 1 entrance to leave. Huge open field to get quickly fucked up by mounteds... And it was frequently camped.
After Haven I would recomment distributing new players between the towns randomly (maybe also lore based).
And give every town a few smaller, weaker dungeons in a ~1km radius around the town.

In general I think you should increase the amount of smaller dungeons in the world.
Maybe just 1 room with a few smaller creaturer and maybe a chest(without key, so equivalent of MO1 box).
So that the new player is able to find new things randomly without needing to know the specific dungeon positions.

With smaller dungeons I mean a small cave with e.g.
5 skeletons or
3 wolves or
2 dire wolves or
2 bandits or
3 risar slaves or
1 risar or

Just something that is worth killing for new players, but to small quantity of monsters for vets to be a viable farming spots.
And to get new players used to different types of monsters.

The issue with MO1 Tindrem is that there are too few farming spots. One GY. Every griefer basically went there and found a bunch of people to griefe within a small area. Better split up those spots and make a lot of smaller ones...

And regarding the thread's question. IMHO MO is about exploring. People should be encouraged to leave towns and explore. Not find everything they need within the town.
So clear no to anything farmable within towns.

Last edited:

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
This is what Haven is for, not Tindrem. What you propose is just gonna end up with vets abusing those easy in town resources and probably grief any new player that tries to get them.
I believe you and others may be correct. I had no idea Haven had such a abundance of materials in it an someone said it even shared bank with tindrem. When i started haven wasn't in the game.