Stutter.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
At some point after the patch before last characters around me have started to stutter very badly instead of walking smoothly. At times someone on foot will lurch 1-3 meters at a time and when walking their feet will be moving in super speed like the roadrunner from the cartoon. It varies in intensity, is worse when I am in a mounted group, but wild ai doesn't seem to be affected. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a game server problem, or my equipment? I am open to ideas because I can't play effectively with it like this.
My internet speed is 100 Mbps download 20 Upload, as it has been all along, and seems stable from what I can tell. I am in the central USA (Kansas) and my ping is around 140-150.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I have stutter often myself and its annoying.
especially if you making videos and stuff.

Here with timestamp a visual representation of what is wrong:

I dont have this all the time. I dont know this is possible to only have this 20% of the time. Its strange. But its annoing I have a stable internet conection and stuff so I dont get it.

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I have stutter often myself and its annoying.
especially if you making videos and stuff.

Here with timestamp a visual representation of what is wrong:

I dont know but I dont have this all the time. Its strange.
Yes, like that. Lately mine has gotten much worse at times. I will try to film it later.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I noticed a bit some stutter after the last Patch aswell.

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas

It is still a problem, finally filmed it, but at times it is even much worse than this.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
wow thats a lot of stutter. I noticed some lags after last patch, but never such a lag as in the video that players teleporting. Not even the guy in my guild with 200 ping. Does this guy used wireless lan ? Did you asked him ? Looks like a 800 Ping + Player. Hopefully they fix that soon. Game was very smooth before last patch. They must have changed something. I am happy that SV announced that wireless lan users who get packet loss witll be kicked top login screen ! Proper decission. Get stable internet ! i dueled in Meduli for 4h today and have not seen anyone teleporting.

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
wow thats a lot of stutter. I noticed some lags after last patch, but never such a lag as in the video that players teleporting. Not even the guy in my guild with 200 ping. Does this guy used wireless lan ? Did you asked him ? Looks like a 800 Ping + Player. Hopefully they fix that soon. Game was very smooth before last patch. They must have changed something. I am happy that SV announced that wireless lan users who get packet loss witll be kicked top login screen ! Proper decission. Get stable internet ! i dueled in Meduli for 4h today and have not seen anyone teleporting.
It is not them, everyone is like this. Not npc's though, only players. I have dueled them many times and this only started recently. My internet seems stable as well.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
It is not them, everyone is like this. Not npc's though, only players. I have dueled them many times and this only started recently. My internet seems stable as well.

wired i did not had this issiue and i dueled several hours yesterday. I am from Germany and have 50 Mbit Internet. Could it be a tindrem issiue ? Where are you from ?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I am from Kansas USA with around 140 ping. It isn't only Tindrem and it isn't all the time either. I have 100 mb internet.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
I had the very same problem and bad, but it got better and stopped.

The odd thing is, from the perspective of the stuttering player, I am walking normally. If I were the one with the latency problem, one would expect me to be the one stuttering like that.

The other odd thing is the cloaks movement, it seems to react to the stutter rather than being part of it.

Reactions: Rorry

Sayton

Mar 24, 2021
I get it sometimes, but most of the time it's fine. I tried running packet loss and speed tests online when it happens but everything looked good there, restarted my modem etc.
My only guess is that it must be something iffy with the routing from my network/ISP to the game server that only happens occasionally.

Reactions: Rorry

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I had the very same problem and bad, but it got better and stopped.

The odd thing is, from the perspective of the stuttering player, I am walking normally. If I were the one with the latency problem, one would expect me to be the one stuttering like that.

The other odd thing is the cloaks movement, it seems to react to the stutter rather than being part of it.
I get it sometimes, but most of the time it's fine. I tried running packet loss and speed tests online when it happens but everything looked good there, restarted my modem etc.
My only guess is that it must be something iffy with the routing from my network/ISP to the game server that only happens occasionally.
Same for me.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Upgraded to 1gig internet, still stuttering as bad as before. I don't know what else to try.

Sayton

Mar 24, 2021
Next time I get this I'll try using the Exitlag trial. If it's a routing thing it could help I guess.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Next time I get this I'll try using the Exitlag trial. If it's a routing thing it could help I guess.
I should try this again, too. I tried it for MO1 but never could get it to work properly, but MO1 ran better so it wasn't as pressing as this.

Sayton

Mar 24, 2021
I should try this again, too. I tried it for MO1 but never could get it to work properly, but MO1 ran better so it wasn't as pressing as this.

I tried it today and knock on wood, it seems to have fixed the issue.