NPC town black list Yes/No

Allow guilds to own a NPC town, and then allow them to have black list.

• Yes

Votes: 54 63.5%
  • No

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • results

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Apr 11, 2021
That is one reason MO1 failed. Catered to one group of players to keep them from quiting while ruining the game.

If SV wants to keep players this time and get more they need to not empower zergs this time. Power will just keep snowballing making a few large guilds extreamly safe in their current position choking out player diversity and lowering the total population.

MO2 has potential to attract a lot of people from the competive slasher community if they have the right game design direction.
Quick question how long did you play mo1 for?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
If you have an issue with guarded towns where guards attack the people that are hostile to its owner, maybe this isn't the game for you.
Nobody is asking for guards to go out and fight wars so that's some nice hyperbole. Guards need to continue doing what they do once their owner switches from AI to player: attack people detested by the owner.
Funny thing is, the last war of MO1 WAS fought guild guard versus guild guard.
Building a tower should not give a guild the power to decide someone is a permanent criminal to where they lose access to all their stuff.

Reactions: Tzone

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Funny thing is, the last war of MO1 WAS fought guild guard versus guild guard.
Building a tower should not give a guild the power to decide someone is a permanent criminal to where they lose access to all their stuff.

End of MO1 is irrelevant. The actual PvP game was already dead long before that.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
I want guilds to have total control.... just my 2 cents -

Previously when this argument came out i always stopped short of letting a governing guild take over SV placed guards. They were (literally) placed by a higher power to serve basic common law. And if you want to RP a political/dogmatic purpose for those guards, great.

BUT in MO2 i think we need to envision the game along with how SV is envisioning it. Which means a few things to me -
TC/Housing being a huge part of the game
Regional reputation
Much higher population

I can imagine a scenario with full guild control -

After a days long battle a rival guild takes over a city.
Town crier and the bulletin board had given warning for long enough.
Sure, people would be inconvenienced. Player exodus to the hills.
Players logging in. They're likely dead, at least once. Once if they understand what happened. Give 'em a tooltip :)
I know Bak Ti, Vadda, and Mohki have SV priests pretty close outside the city.
Maybe player made priests/banks/tables to serve as retreat points. Smaller player-made (open and functioning) cities to connect SV ones.

Cries on social media #BaktiDefenseNow
The southern alliance must hold!

RP prophets predicting salvation. RPK guilds intent on anarchy. Protectors urging the peaceful that vengeance is at hand.

At this point in MO2's development i'm completely for Governing Guilds having total control over their territory. With good tooltips and immersive features so that a random player can gain info on hostile takeovers from in-game features. And a social media player can play politics and generals.

Then we can start picturing an SV-imagined realization of an alliances and how that would work in relation to this.

But also while we're talking blacklists and Governing Guilds control, How about -
Crafting table fees?
Mailing fees?
Stable fees?
NPC and TC taxes of course
Broker taxes?
Some sort of passive regional income?
Immunity from guards?

I wonder if someone more creative can come up with laws/AI controls.

I would also like to see "Tax-Exempt" status that can be applied for all those fees and taxes depending upon the player/group/guild, etc.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
also getting tru black listed is soooo rare. I dunno if dudes swore an oath or if they just are looking for a reason to fight, but you black list someone and people start taking you towers, pretty much regardless. Which again, is cool by me, but yea you should be able to black list. You should be able to run an oppressive guild and all. I could find my way into town a bit and live in the wild if I got black listed, but in MO1 I felt like THE WALLS WERE CLOSING IN.

Getting black listed happens a lot in MO2. Almost every guild already has KoS list which is pretty much the same thing with how big peoples egos are in MO2.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
Dudes were makin' the rounds recruiting and WSX talked to me, and I was like o what happen to Rhodri, and dude was like he's retired... I was like retired?!?!

Retired. That's an interesting term for a fictional event.

To clarify on your other question, no I won't be making any returns to MO. I'm adamant about that. I'm too busy with life and being an adult these days. I don't even hardly have time for single player games with no real stakes, let alone one where other people would rely on me or have expectations of me and there are stakes.

• Love
Reactions: Najwalaylah