Map Feedback. The dungens are distributed unfairly. The way is too long from some cities. We need more strategic located Dungens

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Here my recommendation where SV should place additional Dungens, so that every city and keep can reach one of the dungen in a fair ammout of time. The travel/PVE time must be balanced. The purple circles marking existing dungens and the red circle highlight the areas, where SV should add additional dungens, so every town have a dungen, that is not too far away from town to distribute the players between the different cities and make them interesting enough.
The white lines mark mountain passes that SV should implement. I think we need a mountain pass to reach the mage Valley from Mk and one from Toxai.

We need a lot of dungens and mechanisms that relieve the dungens, so that not all dungens become the only hotspots for PVP after release. That would put all PVE players off.

E9VRAUEWYAQ4dPj.jpg

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I think the map is big enough for a larger playerbase but we miss the dungens that support a larger playerbase ! Dunring the first stresstest 80 k keys were gone in short time. We need much more dungens, or every cave would be overrun and players could not find a mob that is alive, after traveling to the dungen for 30 min ! If only half the players that downloaded the game would be online after release, it would miss places where you can find materials or mobs that are alive or not tamed ! PVE players could nnever enjoy the game, if every dungen would be camped by several groups. We need 2 Exits from every dungen and hotspot dungens to fix this problem ! I remember the GK days, in which we had a lot of players that wanted to test the new Risar dungen. I searched for 5 min for a Risar that was alive and during that time not more then 100 players lived in GK !

-I think we need a Dungen Task NPC. Every few days this NPC should request items from a specific Dungen in order to acquire certain items. During this time elite mobs should spawn in this weekly selected dungen, who can drop magical amulets / rings. Rare Animal could spawn during that time, that maybe could be dominated. Then this specific dungen would be a hotspot for the PVP guilds at this point. The pvp guys would get their PVP Hotspot and could fight each other all day and the other dungens would be exonerated. There will always be shitters that dive noobs in dungens, but maybe less during that time. I think that's important. Some PVE players want to farm their dungen in peace on the weekend, without getting involved in huge fights and other players love the confrontations.
These hotspot dungens should change weekly to provide enough variety, so that players do not constantly farm the most lucrative dungen in their region. That motivates to build houses close to the different dungen and to transport equipment to the different areas.
I personally loved the raid Dungen Events in Unlima Online. If you killed some Mobs a candle light up at a shrine. Then the next wave of monsters spawned, and every wave got harder and harder, till the Boss spawned.

The map is huge enough for a good ammount of players, but we need more dungens to fit the needs of a bigger playerbase but this is not enough.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Another problem is grifing in the Minotaur dungen and the spawn rates, if we get much more players. First i want to talk about the players that abused Spiritism to resurrect inside the minotaur King place, so that the door closes... It stay closed for an hour !

SV need to focus on more content to make this game enjoyable for a larger playerbase.

i take quite some time to skill your character and during that time SV should highly focus on adding more Dungens and activities we got in MO1 !

We had a lot of activities in MO1 but never enough dungen to support a large playerbase.

Here is a List of all activities we had in MO1

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1170950/discussions/0/2962796621645555474/

i think the following activities should have the highest priority, becuase otherwise all dungens would be camped from PVP players !

Most important are the "Open World Events"

Demon Pillars

In the first game you could farm Demon Stones and you could craft a Demon Pillar from them. These worked like an Airdrop in other games.

When such pillars were placed, demons satarted to spawn all over the place. It was a Player triggered World Event and you could even hide them somewhere in the towns.

I would like to see them being more visible. The Pillar should open Potals in the Sky or change the weather, so all Players see it from far away and to take part in the Event. Either to fight the demons together or to fight against each other. Here some footage from MO1

Meteor impacts

Sometimes meteors fell from the sky in MO1. The players fought for the rare loot. They could be mined to get Acronite and rare materials.

Rare relics

This Relics spawned from time to time and could be collected, or could be captured by other guilds. It was clearly visible when such a relic spawned. There were many different relics. I don´t know all the properties of all relics but some filled up the reserves, let pets level faster and one relic let all relics spawn again in the open World.

These were very popular and strongly contested. (Footage from MO1)

Fishing/Tressure Hunting

Henrick has already announced that there will be Tressure Maps. In Ultima Online, SOS bottles could be fished out of the sea. Then you can go on a treasure hunt. Many monsters protected the Chests and spawned as soon as the Player started digging.

I think this mechanic should be expanded.

Higher tier maps could open a entrance to an underworld dungen and sometimes these should spawn randomly.

I woud wish SV create an underworld Dungen, which always goes deeper and deeper with demons and other creatures from hell. In Henricks past stream he talked about such a mechanic. That would be awesome. Perhaps only a certain number of players should be allowed to enter before the entrance collapses. The challenge should be to find an exit. E.g. on the other side. The boss could be stationed somewhere in the middle and other groups could enter from the other entry points. I like the idea of an instance-less world, but this specific dungen should be an instance, be very large, and not burden the main server. These random entrances would make exploring particularly interesting, and since these are random, the streamers could stream this event, becuase the other players don´t know where the entrances will spawn and would need to find them.

The players in the open world should mostly visit open world dungens, but a few random dungens would enrich the game and make fishing and tressure hunting interesting. I find this better as a fixed spot for demons.

Terretory Controll

(Footage of MO1)

Territory Control will be receiving a major facelift, and to explain all of the changes we have created a video showcasing the changes.

Here some Info about how the Developers want to prevent random murders in the area In the area where you choose to live and about the terretory Controll system. The game will have a local Murdercount system. Murders are only punished in the area where the crime was committed. You can murder anyone, but that would have certain consequences. If someone knows that a certain player is a murderer, that player can attack the criminal in the city without any consequences. The game is designed to not murder the players of your own kingdom, but rather that you form groups and attack another kingdom / city and its inhabitants, or try to defend your kingdom against invading hordes of barbarians.

Each player will only be allowed to create one character. There is a terretory control system. A large guild with a certain number of players can build a castle. A certain radius around the castle is then displayed as their area. Within this area, the landowners could determine the property taxes for the houses, which then automatically benefit the guild and fill their treasury / war chest. The territory of a kingdom could be expanded with the terretory control tower. If the taxes are too high, then this will certainly lead to a peasant revolt and the control towers will be attacked. Everyone on the server got a massage if a controll tower got attacked, which led to great battles but only a few times. We had the following problem in MO1. Those towers got destoyed way too fast. Sometimes so fast, that the players could not reach the tower to defend it.
That was the reason why many epic battles did not occur very often,
as it should have been.

The guild with a castle benefits from the residents and should be interested in many players wanting to live in their area.

I hope that landowners will come to the aid of their residents, if someone wants to destroy their home. If the kingdom is attacked, many players will rush to the aid of their king if they are satisfied with him and if the king is not a tyrant. Who knows how high the future owner will turn the Tax screw. If the territory is expanded and reach a city, entire cities could be captured in MO1. The guild that occupied a city received taxes from the auction house and had full control over the laws that prevail there. The occupiers of a city could blacklist thieves and grievers. These could then be attacked by anyone and were flagged as criminal, as soon as they entered a city in which they have been blacklisted. The guards could also be deactivated, but that would certainly not please everyone and cause displeasure. Players formed up and wanted to drive out the ruler of the city and tried to destroy the control towers. If a control tower was attacked, the guild who owns this tower gpt a message in the chat and tried to defend it.

THIS ACTIVITIES TO SUPPORT A LARGER PLAYERBASE ARE MUCH MORE IMPOTANT AS ANY NEW MAGIC SCHOOL OR SO !
We not only need expended Banks and bigger Bank Buildings !

We need a lot of dungens and mechanisms that relieve the dungens, so that not all dungens become the only hotspots for PVP after release. That would put all PVE players off.

Last edited:

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Subjective I know but if you count the spider caves as "dungeons" you get 3 new dungeons relatively close to points you are circling in the map. Also there is the obvious Hillspeya dungeon that is already there but will probably not open until release (and which may or may not be just another entrance to the Mino dungeon)

Reactions: Avenoma

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I woud wish SV create an underworld Dungeon, which always goes deeper and deeper with demons and other creatures from hell
I thought the large cave in Toxai was just that. I fell in through a blatant opening in rocks above the cave. It was an excellent experience. I only mention this, because I feel they are going in that direction. The balance they are achieving is okay to me. I dont worry about the player base not having things to do; RP interaction with voice chat and avatar animations is fun enough for the down times.
I guess its up to the people who camp outside of the taverns to make their own fun with the drunkards when they leave for adventure ;)

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Here some nice jungle Temple Artwork for inspiration, since all dungens are kinda located in the north. We need more places in the jungle.

E9VRAUEWYAQ4dPj.jpg

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tuhtram

Jul 29, 2021
The Accursed Swamp of Florida
Also there is the obvious Hillspeya dungeon that is already there but will probably not open until release (and which may or may not be just another entrance to the Mino dungeon)
I always figured that this was actually a lore hint thing, actually. Mats mentioned that the Blainn of Hyllspeia may have taken shelter with the Huergar during the Irruption. He said that the existence of Hyllspeia was always planned as a Blainn settlement so that people could get Blainn lore, trade with them, etc. and even was considered as a starting area (presumably for Oghmir). It got destroyed in the Irruption though, so it seems the Kallards swooped in and built there.

It's possible the Blainn built there originally because that's the entrance one takes to get to Gal Barag, and that big closed door is where they all ran for shelter and the Huergar closed it off behind them. So my thought's been that it'd be the entrance to the Nave version of the Underdark/Deep Roads that'd take us to Gal Barag, if SV releases it. Less a dungeon and more of the equivalent of looking at the destroyed bridge of Sarducaa, future expansion hint.

That all being said, who knows what happened if they did run in there? Could still be a dungeon.

Reactions: Raknor

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Less a dungeon and more of the equivalent of looking at the destroyed bridge of Sarducaa, future expansion hint.

That all being said, who knows what happened if they did run in there? Could still be a dungeon.
Help me out.
  • What makes a dungeon a dungeon? Is it the Boass MOB?
  • Does it have to be underground or through some kind of magical / other-dimensional / planar portal?
  • What would a dungeon that wasn't 'underground' or in 'another place entirely' look like?
  • For instance, if you had a big enough tree that you couldn't get down from alive unless you reached the right exit ladder / elevator, would that be dungeon material?
  • How about an island that you couldn't leave alive until a boat arrived to pick you up-- and that wouldn't come until you'd defeated the objective?
... Don't let me derail you.

Reactions: Valoran and Tuhtram

Tuhtram

Jul 29, 2021
The Accursed Swamp of Florida
Help me out.
  • What makes a dungeon a dungeon? Is it the Boass MOB?
  • Does it have to be underground or through some kind of magical / other-dimensional / planar portal?
  • What would a dungeon that wasn't 'underground' or in 'another place entirely' look like?
  • For instance, if you had a big enough tree that you couldn't get down from alive unless you reached the right exit ladder / elevator, would that be dungeon material?
  • How about an island that you couldn't leave alive until a boat arrived to pick you up-- and that wouldn't come until you'd defeated the objective?
... Don't let me derail you.
No I actually entirely agree, conceptually I love the idea of outdoor and open-air dungeons. A mountain peak with only one path possible up, a section of forest walled off by giant spider web walls that make a maze, and so-on.

I think level/world designers sometimes get too caught up on the connotation of a dungeon being underground.

A Khurite themed haunted/undead infested island’s been kicking around in my head lately. Like it’s all fortified so there’s only one way in, but the remains of a fishing village, bamboo forest section, etc.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
You must remember this....

jJAMQCy.png

I think that in the middle of an otherwise open forest, one might enter an area never to leave it unless you win some kind of fight for freedom. In a Mortal game, that is-- as previously hinted.

Reactions: Raknor and Tuhtram

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Cut down the map size is probably the best for starters. Also, not all towns should have access to just about anything they desire. This post is a cap. If anything the pvp oriented players should be near every dng, so they can contest things easier AKA kran/gk.