Can we just agree the game needs more monsters to populate the world?

Do you want more Monsters In the World?

• YES! MORE MONSTERS! I'm Tired of Looking at Just Trees and ROCKS!

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • NO! I prefer things the way they are! Adventure/Scenery FTW!

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
no, clearly, every pet that comprises the beast master's 'army' is his flock!

Edit: and to all u jokers, we've seen crazy spawns. NO SPAWN JOKES. Make the world more inter-act-able.
I've got a (somewhat related) tiny, child-like noob question:

Can you tame a large herd animal (given that it is large, and in a herd, hypothetically) from the back of a horse?

TKkd57R.png

Because it is looking like a horse will be necessary to keep up with them for any reason. Maybe they'll never be within eyeshot of you, if you're just walking around, and the flock flees. 😖

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
You cant tame from the horse anymore. It was changed like 1 month ago. Though you should be able to tame that wisents one by one, the y wont run away if you dont attack.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I've got a (somewhat related) tiny, child-like noob question:

Can you tame a large herd animal (given that it is large, and in a herd, hypothetically) from the back of a horse?

TKkd57R.png

Because it is looking like a horse will be necessary to keep up with them for any reason. Maybe they'll never be within eyeshot of you, if you're just walking around, and the flock flees. 😖
So it's different now then it was in Mo1. Here's how it works, you must weaken the animal now like a Pokemon before you can tame it. For some pets you have to get them to like 10% hp, for others you have to get them to 1 hit (Mercy Mode) when they are low enough to be tamed/dominated they will STAND STILL and you have a little circle that must fill up all the way in order for the creature to be captured. So it is a lot easier to tame things this way so thankfully even though it looks like you need a horse, thankfully they will just sit there. Now for some creatures like the damn white bear that thing likes to run around, so it you could mercy mode it to make it so it can't run anymore. BUT if you mess up and kill it that thing is a 3 hour wait spawn now. No question is a bad question, the only bad question is the one that wasn't asked. Edit: For Horses you just walk up and tame them, they don't need to be weakened at all. Same with Normal Pigs.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Skunks, possums, armadillos, rabbits, komodo dragons, monkeys, iguanas all in their respective region of course. Just little normal animals would improve the game a lot. I travel a lot and dont want to get fucked by a group of 40 wolves, taru dogs, elephants... While on a rode every singe time I travel. I am down for that stuff deep in jg or a bit away from a main rode. But just having those simple animals close to the roads would improve the experience overall 10x.
Armadillos can give some type of keratin shell (Horn, scales).
Komodo dragons can give a small amount of scales.
Skunks could drop a pack of skunk juice, that can be used in a potion for a AOE damage as a gas potion or some type of stamina drain effect.
Of course Im not saying they need to add these exact animals, they can of course make their own or change stuff about the real ones to make them "Fit in". In fact im confident that they already have plans for smaller animals.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Skunks...armadillos...rabbits...
Of course Im not saying they need to add these exact animals, they can of course make their own ...
THey (Star Vault) already had their versions of these animals.

Skunks were always in the picture. This is the picture:

O7tWbni.png

Armadillos were placeholders for content that never did get added to MO1.

fn8TsKq.jpg

Rabbits were in-game and so, for a while, were weasels.

85ytdfq.png

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
I would like to see more animals yes but I don't think that is the problem really. It being in beta still means it could all be changed in one patch when released. The big problem is MOB density. If you run through the valley SE Fab/ NE kran there is probably 12 plus razorback spawns, 6 or so wolf spawns, 2 horse spawns, 3 bear spawn and who knows how many springbok. There isn't a time you are not looking at a animal. You leave the forest West and won't see anything until you hit the razorbacks or springboks by pig farm. There's a lot of animals in the world just not evenly spread out. Shore prowlers as a good example, is in one relatively small area. No where else in the same biome

Reactions: Amadman

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
i know that they will had more fauna , but yeah we need more as of now ,

more horse , more agrresive and non agrresive mob ,

in mo1 i remember undead being around granum node in the desert ,

and more than anything we need mob to make noise again , in mo1 i remember you could be like 50 meter from horse , liek from behind a small hill and hear them ;

now , exept if you get aggroed they are silent as fk ; that's no nice

also i want lykyator back asap :d

Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
i know that they will had more fauna , but yeah we need more as of now ,

more horse , more agrresive and non agrresive mob ,

in mo1 i remember undead being around granum node in the desert ,

and more than anything we need mob to make noise again , in mo1 i remember you could be like 50 meter from horse , liek from behind a small hill and hear them ;

now , exept if you get aggroed they are silent as fk ; that's no nice

also i want lykyator back asap :d
Remember in Mo1 they also had the Zombie General or whatever it's name was.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Tindrem--->Meduli... fruitful walk, mobs ok, mobs are dangerous so you don't want all kinds of mobs haha. But some more. Then compare to walking around Bakti or MK, it's like... do you love... WOLFBRUSH?
I would argue 100% that Tindrem needs more monsters, because it was the starting zone for many players from Mo1. I would like to see more Brown Bears and Dire wolfs they seem kind of rare right now tbh.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Having more mobs devalues the encounter with said mobs. If everywhere you went you saw a bandit, a bear, a prower, a troll etc it would not only devalue the materials dropped from said mobs, but trivializes the journey and preparation needed to go out and find them.

Reactions: Belegar and Angelo

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
I would argue 100% that Tindrem needs more monsters, because it was the starting zone for many players from Mo1. I would like to see more Brown Bears and Dire wolfs they seem kind of rare right now tbh.
Like you said, it's a starting zone. There shouldn't be that many mobs there to begin with.

Reactions: Belegar

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Having more mobs devalues the encounter with said mobs. If everywhere you went you saw a bandit, a bear, a prower, a troll etc it would not only devalue the materials dropped from said mobs, but trivializes the journey and preparation needed to go out and find them.
Agree with this. There should not be animals on every step, we should be trying to find them. Maybe at starting point, in this case Haven, yes but some common like pigs, sprinboks maybe few wolves to add some challenge. If you need some Ironwool or horned scales... try hard to find them.

Reactions: Belegar

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Like you said, it's a starting zone. There shouldn't be that many mobs there to begin with.
You are wrong, Star Vault said they want every area and city in Mo2 to have it's own unique resources. They don't want Gk to be the only good place in game anymore. They want every area to be good for certain materials. And Tindrem isn't the starting zone anymore. Now Haven is. Also Tindrem is a Capital City, they want Capital cities to be extra special. They will even come with special features like being able to take over capitals in the future and also have houses in them as well.

Reactions: Bloodlet and Xunila

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
You are wrong, Star Vault said they want every area and city in Mo2 to have it's own unique resources. They don't want Gk to be the only good place in game anymore. They want every area to be good for certain materials. And Tindrem isn't the starting zone anymore. Now Haven is. Also Tindrem is a Capital City, they want Capital cities to be extra special. They will even come with special features like being able to take over capitals in the future and also have houses in them as well.
Nice strawman argument. I only said there shouldn't be many mobs there, not that there can't be one or two rare resources which may be a mob, or it could be a mineable/gatherable. For instance, in MO1 there was the Tindrem sewers which had a boss and a good number of ratmen. That would be fine to include in MO2. But there shouldn't be ratmen, bears, cougars, prowers, and god forbid, all the rock needed to make steel or some other valuable metal as well around Tindrem.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Nice strawman argument. I only said there shouldn't be many mobs there, not that there can't be one or two rare resources which may be a mob, or it could be a mineable/gatherable. For instance, in MO1 there was the Tindrem sewers which had a boss and a good number of ratmen. That would be fine to include in MO2. But there shouldn't be ratmen, bears, cougars, prowers, and god forbid, all the rock needed to make steel or some other valuable metal as well around Tindrem.
When was the last time you played? All the stuff to make Steel is already in Tindrem. xD They put Saburra there not long ago and Calx is just a short ride away to Fabernum. Tindrem is one of the best places to make steel because they have a attractor as well. Cougars and Taur Dogs is a meduli special and can be found easily in Meduli.