A few quality of life suggestions.

Vagnar

Sep 9, 2021
  • In the guild list, change offline players to a red circle rather than a slightly lighter shade of green. Having to slowly scroll through to try and distinguish between online and offline is pretty tedious, especially when your eyes start playing tricks on you after so long.

• Maybe a small notification when you equip/swap a weapon via hotbar so you know its actually equipped. *edit* Also make it so you can’t unequip a weapon if you the hotbar icon twice to switch to it. (thanks Erwinicus for the improved suggestion).

• Make an emote tab where you can drag emotes to your hotbars to prevent having to type them out everytime. /emote flipoff

• Increase the distance you can see a players name. I'm not even fussed about the render distance on the armor but the name would be nice.

*extra suggestions*
  • Be able to filter separate types of chat or have dedicated tabs for them. Currently a lot of guild messages are getting lost in the HELP chat. I don’t really know what the plans are for the help chat so this might not actually be an issue come release however the feature would still be nice.

• This one is not really a simple one and might also cause divided opinions but having an option to view (not actually withdraw) what you have in other towns banks from your own bank would be nice. Similar to how you can view other towns trade brokers. Could even make it an information request situation, for example, you could request to view the contents of your bakti bank whilst in fab and after an hour or so you’ll be able to view it.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I like them all, but I think they lowered the names distance due to performance. If performance is not the issue please increase the range of names.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I like them all, but I think they lowered the names distance due to performance. If performance is not the issue please increase the range of names.
If it is for performance they should dump some graphic quality in favor of play-ability.

Reactions: Tzone

Detrimentum

Aug 22, 2021
I like all of them but the last one. I think it makes sense that you need to approach someone to see their name. In fact, i hope one day they will implement a thievery skill that reduces that range further.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
If it is for performance they should dump some graphic quality in favor of play-ability.

It's likely to do with server performance, not visual. By limiting the amount of updates the server has to send you as a client about every other player and their unique combination of armor, material types, weapon type etc. etc; they gain some degree of server performance. I imagine in the future when they've managed to create some further server performance headroom, we'll see the range increased again, like it was pre-stress test in March.

Reactions: Rorry

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I like all of them but the last one. I think it makes sense that you need to approach someone to see their name. In fact, i hope one day they will implement a thievery skill that reduces that range further.
Well I could tell who it would be in real life far later. And in game if the armor loaded farther away I would be able to tell if it was friend or foe based on who I know.

Erwinicus

Mar 22, 2021
I'd change it so if you push the button to equip a weapon twice it doesn't un-equip it and instead have a special key for unequipping weapons.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
All the points are great. And I also hope that the player render distance get increased alot. That you can actually see people a few hundred meters away. and that they dont certainley pop up on your screen. Without armor and than with armor.

Detrimentum

Aug 22, 2021
Well I could tell who it would be in real life far later. And in game if the armor loaded farther away I would be able to tell if it was friend or foe based on who I know.

I might have not been clear. I am by no means against farther rendering distance, just specifically names.

Vagnar

Sep 9, 2021
I'd change it so if you push the button to equip a weapon twice it doesn't un-equip it and instead have a special key for unequipping weapons.

I like that idea too, that way you can only switch weapons through the hotbar and not actually unequip.

Vagnar

Sep 9, 2021
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Going to edit it and add a few more suggestions in too.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
  • Make an emote tab where you can drag emotes to your hotbars to prevent having to type them out everytime. /emote flipoff
Yeah, this^^.
  • Having to type out any but custom /emotes is another example of the The Wrong Kind Of Timesink [TM].

• It disincentivizes the use of something that is supposed to add to 'Quality of Life' in the game, showing a needless & heedless disdain for anything that approaches RP. Hating on RP is very, very last decade. Get over it, SV.

• If the player persists in using emotes that have to be typed out, then Risk is punitively added to a function that's supposed to be its own Reward and does not affect battle outcomes. Come ON.
    • If you've figured out a way to make emotes the "I Win" Button (when they can't be a Button, at this time), please share with the class.

Last edited: