What Tasks/Quests would you like to see if players leave the heaven tutorial and what kind of task NPC´s would you like to see ?

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
-I would like to see a Weapon or Armor Crafter Quest that teach people to use the Mail servis.

- An NPC infront the town that give you tasks to gain reputation. He could tell players a bit about the Lore and that killing specific Monsters will rise your reputation.
I could also imagine other tasks. See Dracolina's idea in post 7

-I think we need a Dungen Task NPC. Every few days this NPC should request items from a specific Dungen in order to acquire certain items. During this time, elite mobs should spawn in this weekly selected dungen, who can drop magical amulets / rings, or a rare Animal could spawn during that time that could be dominated. Then this specific dungen would be a hotspot for the PVP guilds at this point. The pvp guys would get their PVP Hotspot and could fight all day and in the other dungens
would be exonerated. There will always be shitters that dive noobs in dungens but maybe less during that time. I think that's important. Some PVE players want to farm their dungen in peace on the weekend without getting involved in huge fights and other players love the confrontations.
These hotspot dungens should change weekly to provide enough variety, so that players do not constantly farm the most lucrative dungen in their vicinity. That motivates to build a house close to the different dungen and to transport equipment to the different areas.
I personally loved the raid Dungen Events in Unlima Online. If you killed some Mobs a cadle light up at a shrune. Then the next wave of monsters spwned and every wave got harder and harder till the Boss spawned.

-The Weapon Crfter NPC could tell players to buy 5 Katana books from an Asian town, bring it back to town and send it to him via Mailbox for some gold. The player would learn how to use the mail servis and that some specific books are only avalible in specific towns.

-The Armor Crafter could tell the new Player to gather a primary and secondary material and craft a specific Armor.

-One NPC could teach the player to use the Broker.

-The Magic Vendor could tell people that there are different Magic Schools and that those scrolls have to be found in dungens and Chests.

-The Alchemy vendor could tell peole that you will need a main ingediance and multipliers and substanced that neutralize poisons. That some Multipliers are added to the calculation to craft a 10 units potion (act as volumizerl) and some not. That also metals and animal Materials can be multipliers.

-Mining tutorial NPC

- An NPC that explain the bounty board system. He should give you the Quest to hunt a speciafic NPC Player in town which have a bounty on his head, to explain the new player the bounty board and how the mechanics work. The next time the player understand the mechanics and can hunt down real players.

-We need an NPC that teach new Players that not all NPC´s accept Gold as currency and that the Lore can help you to solve the Quests. Here is an example. A Guard could tell the new players that some Bandits in the Tindrem Havor terrorizing the citizens and could tell a lore story. That the Boss of the Bandits was once a honorful Businessman living in the nobel district, till he was accused to molest children and his house was burned down.
This lore shoudl provide information for the secret task. This Bandit Boss could drop a key in his Loot. The player don´t know what to do with the key, but maybe he once find the burned house and try the key to get the loot. The loot should be a specific item which the vendor will accept as currency to buy a specific book.
Maybe for one of the thievery skills.

-An NPC that tell you that you can gambel in town for cash and play some cube Poker or card game in the tavern, as soon as SV add it. I think a lot of player would love to hang arround in town and what is more fun then gambling.

-Fishing NPC. This NPC could tell players that he once found a bottle with a map to a tressure. I hope they make the maps interesting.
I would love to see maps that lead you to a spawn of Monsers with a Chest, that is spawning if the player comes near, if he activated the map.
Higher tier maps could open a entrance to an underworld dungen. The entrances should spawn randomly and if someone opened a map.
A kind of underworld which always goes deeper and deeper (in hell look) with demons and other creatures from hell. Perhaps only a certain number of players should be allowed to enter before the entrance collapses. The challenge should be to find an exit. E.g. on the other side. The boss could be stationed somewhere in the middle and other groups could enter from the other entry points. I like the idea of an instance-less world, but this specific dungen should be an instance, be very large, and not burden the main server. These random entrances would make exploring particularly interesting and since these are random the streamers could stream this event, becuase the other players don´t know where the entrances will spawn and would need to find them.
The players in the open world should mostly visit open world dungens, but a few random dungens would enrich the game and make fishing and tressure hunting interesting. I find this better as a fixed spot for demons.

I would also love the Demon stones to be more common. I loved the demon Pillar events. Something like an Airdrop in other games. I think they should be much more visible, so players see them from far away, come there to fight the demons, or to fight for the loot.

-Lore NPC´s. Much more NPC´s should talk about the lore of the Game and give you some hints. Here is an example. The Risar Dungen was once a tindremic outpost before the war and was inhabitated by RIsar Worriors after the war from Gaul Kur. There was always a Risar Camp. If a RIsar drops a key the Lore of the NPC in town might let the player
wonder where the Risars lived before. These come from the continent heraldor or whatever it is called, so the key to a box could belong to a chest or Door in village where the Risars used to live before they invaded the Risar Dungen.

Many hidden lores and secrets make the game interesting. Inscriptions on walls could provide clues. The guards in Tindrem speak English, but partly also Tindremic sentences, which a player could somehow brought into connection with the help of the English sentences in order to get clues about the Lore which helps you with a secret Quest. I hope the Devs will be creative on that.

A lotof NPC´s should tell you about Lore and this Lore should not always be a hint for a secret Task in the game, so people want to share it. Where does the ratmans come from. The NPC´s could tell players about the former wars and the gods. In games such as Darksouls poeple loved the secret hidden Lore.
That moved them to produce videos that promoted the game.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Sir this is a hardcore mmo, in this game players makes the quests.
Like other hardcore games such as Rust, ATLAS, ARK and Starbase right? Quests can and very likely will contribute to the hardcore atmosphere of games (ex. Tarkov).

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Like other hardcore games such as Rust, ATLAS, ARK and Starbase right? Quests can and very likely will contribute to the hardcore atmosphere of games (ex. Tarkov).
Yes i agree and wasnt very serious with my answer.
But many people in the community dont want quests and the devs dont want it either.

D

Dracu

helping a town grow quests.
each town has a ressource stock, that starts with kinda 0.
Ever town has a demand, for food, wood, rocks, etc etc.
players can fill these tasks and contribute to their town.
A better stocked town leads to better, more and stronger guards aswell as better economy and cheaper prices on vendors.
players can also craft with that stuff, but it will be used for gear for the guards :D
So basically what player towns will be in a more open sense with a larger town community.
Good place for the reputation system.
Also kill quests of named npcs that get generated over time.

New players get a glimpse at guild town life and can contribute to a greater community right away, its a common goal which should make finding ones place in a community easiert. When presented with obvious "options" its easier to choose.

And with "quest" i mean "tasks"... no set quest with pointers

something like that would be kinda cool^^

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Yes i agree and wasnt very serious with my answer.
But many people in the community dont want quests and the devs dont want it either.
The "people" in the community you are referring to want to water the game down with as much instant gratification and minimal progression as possible i.e. "carebears." Quests/tasks are good for the game if implemented right. Dracu's got a pretty good idea, though some individual player development quests would be good as well.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Sir this is a hardcore mmo, in this game players makes the quests.

MO1 had many secret tasks (for getting the Ohnium Lore Book and the different Armor Sets. Henrick told in the last stream that he want to add some opional tasks so players feel not that lost after leaving heaven. That are no traditional Quests but optional tasks how it should be. I support that. It should show players what the game have to offer.

Last edited:

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The idea of npcs being individuals and sharing information would be great!

As for gather type quests, I still think the player driven Buy orders can serve that purpose when reintroduced.

Especially if they can get them where you do not require the item to put in an order without giving away what everything is.

In addition they could have npcs that offer "gather quests" but they use current abundant buy orders to form their "quests".

When a player brings stuff back, the npc can turn those items into current players buy orders.

The NPC could reward the quest player with coins, items, rep, exp, information or what ever.

The NPC could even pocket the coins earned from the buy order as a small money sink.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anabolic Man

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I hate quests in every way. But some people like to enjoy it. So yeah why not.

My only problem with quests is if they are more profitable than doing other stuff because than you have 5people in your discord where 2 making there single player quests instead of doing random activities or stuff with the group.
Im not sure on this.
But the suggested quests are not directly quests wich is good.

Let wait for Star Vault tasks system henrik was talking about all the time. Maybe many stuff of the suggested will be in there or not we will see.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I hate quests in every way. But some people like to enjoy it. So yeah why not.

My only problem with quests is if they are more profitable than doing other stuff because than you have 5people in your discord where 2 making there single player quests instead of doing random activities or stuff with the group.
Im not sure on this.
But the suggested quests are not directly quests wich is good.

Let wait for Star Vault tasks system henrik was talking about all the time. Maybe many stuff of the suggested will be in there or not we will see.

I talk about ingame secrets. To solve this secret tasks was always very profitable, i loved them and you needed a larger PVE Group at some point. Take the Oghnium Lore, Dracogenica Armorset, the different Macic scrolls and so on as an excample.

Reactions: Speznat