Mounted combat nerfs

Tzone

May 16, 2021
[Deleted by order of Freehorses so I can keep getting heals]. That is ok tho we can work around that.
Then around when I started playing Bears. Bears where pretty strong and one player with little skill could make any 1v1 a 2v1. Was bad but limited used.
Then Whitebears came greatly harming the PvP side of the game with 900 health, faster then a playe, unparrable 40s that would be healed by a mage.

Whitebears really hurt the game, they were not counterable outside of just suiciding a couple of people to kill it before it would be recalled and healed. People would even abuse log out mechanics if you killed them before the bear to save it. They also track ghost and will spawn camp the same player. They will also use bugs to transport the pet around the map faster. Before mounted all of the PvPers got tired of white bear and decided to reroll beastmaster fighters because why work hard at wining when you can just press a hotbar key. SV wants to give them armor still instead of balancing them.

Before all the PvPers could reroll mounted armor came out. Mounted requires very low mechanical skill or tactical thinking. It hits for alot, gets hit for little and can disengauge everything except other mounted. Mounted was already very strong almost OP before armor. Most of the player abusing it right not were not good at melee nor anyother part of the game and will get destroyed by the good footfighters who just rerolled mounted. You can watch that videoby Shadow of a Man.
We all know mounted is insainly easy and broken with very little counter play.

There is very little counter play from foot fighters against mounted and footfighters cant finish the job on anymounted since they can run away with out issue. Mounted is killing the foot fighter game as foot fighters are all rerolling to be mounted so they can finish off and fight enemy mounted.
The best part and biggest draw to this game is PvP and mainly footfighting melee. The game is being killed by mounted, Im told similar to how MO1 was dying to OP things. SV is even going to add lances next patch, GG killing the game.

We still have people abusing running to water, and mages in water with not in water stabs in sight.

A lot of people are anti feedback and try to cover for SV. But SV needs real feedback and real feedback is STOP PUTTING OP LOW SKILL THINGS INTO THE GAME.
Alot of the PvPers just want to PvP, dont care for the win at anymeans mentality some of the community has. We want to be able to play the game as foot fighters, it is the most enjoyable thing about the game. Forget crafting you need two accounts just to PvP. You have to have a mounted, and you will prob need a foot fighter in the future.

Right now a lot of people are planning on abuseing mounted as much as possible to try and force a nerf. And then next will be white bear. They say they give it a month of doing this untill they see a fix or they quit playing the game since they cant foot fight.

Now my suggestions for nerfing mounted. Im not even going to say balance, it straight needs a hug nerf. I understand manpower is a issue for SV and they cant just make a animation for dismounting apear out of nowhere or waste time on a placeholder mechanic.

1st: EQ needs to atlest make the players hop of their horse just like hammers to already. This shoult be a top piority.

2nd: Couching requires no skill or thought, it has no penalty or cost to do it. You can hit people in all directions for massive damage just by pressing LMB and looking after tapping ww twice. You can litterally play the game one handed by binding W to a mouse button.
With lances coming out just have them couch with a large stamina cost so they have to time it and cant repeatidly just couch over and over touching a player for massive damage. Spears just make them have to stab so those players would have to at least thing about timing.
A lot of other people really just want the counting to have to be timed period and not just have a stamina drain.

3rd: Maybe its on SVs list but they have never fixed any of the other OP broken cheese things in the game they prob are going to put fixing how armor does not affect turning speed or speed in general.

4th: Maybe mounts need to slow down when they are greatly wounded. or have them cost more stamina if half health so that way if they make mistakes they can actually be punished. Right now how it goes is that not matter how many bad mistakes a mount makes agaisnt foot, they will not die and can always run away. You just cant finish mounteds as foot fighters.

5th: Add vetrnary and force people to get off their mounts to hill. This will greatly help stop how fast a mounted player can recover and get back into the fight. If all players can do is be a deterent then that deterent needs to have more prolonged effect then I heal my horse in20-30 seconds to negate all the damage done while being a MC or MA or MC/MA while having magic.
Maybe magic should heal a mount for less or something. It would be unfare for the MM only builds to be too harsh on this but pretty much every mounted player right now can heal their horse with magic while being a MC or MA.

6th: Why do foot archers which are weaker then mounted have sway while wallking to a ungodly degree but there is no increased sway at all while galloping on a MA? You can at least give a little increase to the up down sways distance of travel in 1st gear, a little bit faster in second, and then a good but still usable bump in 3rd gear. Fourth gear should be the hard to use one but doesnt even really mater since why waste stam unless you are chasing down another mounted.

Most peoples complaints are about how brain dead the class is to play. Foot fighters who are good at the game reroll to mounted to beable ot just fighter mounted but its too easy and they get board even tho they are winning fights. Its killing the game, there is just too much cheese that just keeps getting added and necromancy is on the way now too. Im not a vet, but we all heard of the horror stories of MO1 and to me it looks like those stories are repeating them selves again. If mounted took more skill and wasnt boring you might get more people intersted in the game.

I actuall like this game alot, that is why I am being blunt with this. I appreciate SV for doing what they are doing in creating a niche subscription no cashshop game. That is why I will say what is really going on and be extreamly critical of what is going on with the state of the game. I dont care about winning by any means nessisasary.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
You basically summed up every major combat balance issue we had in MO1. It really is disgusting to just watch it all happen to MO2 again.

MO pvp used to be skill based a longggg time ago. Now its just gimmicks. Everything is more powerful than your standard footfighter. They don't get any added damage bonus benefits like mounted charge. They don't get the mobility that mounteds get (obviously), they don't have a 900 HP whitebear that they can push a hotkey a have it go in and do really high with little consequence. Pet armor is the dumbest idea they've had imo.

The worst part about all this is that nerfs will come and go in the future, but we only have ONE character that is also our crafter. So you can't simply ride the meta wave unless you have multiple accounts. Who knows how long you will have to deal with OP mechanics if you decide to roll a classic warrior. All I can say is I hope people make the right choice in the beginning.

My group usually just sticks to playing how we want to play (hybrids and mages), but honestly this time around we are probably just gonna ride the meta wave. Which is super lame...but I've spent too much time hoping and waiting for SV to make meaningful balance changes.

If you can't beat em, join em.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
The couching needs a charge time so that you can’t spam it. It also needs a minimum speed requirement.

Yea I don't know why it doesn't just follow the same charge mechanic as every other strike - it would also mean damage drops off the longer it's held and at least encourages not just holding it in place. Obviously for lances allow it to be held for much longer or with no penalty but they're using a lance so it's already a trade off when it comes to then using it on foot.

1st: EQ needs to atlest make the players hop of their horse just like hammers to already. This shoult be a top piority.

Interestingly this was a thing in the early days of the stress test. They then disabled it as it was causing issues/crashes. I wonder why it hasn't been addressed yet.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
This whole mounted and white bear thing is just like the water meta but on land.

If you are a footfighter in the water you are just a fish getting hunted by a shark (mages). If you are a footfighter on land you are just a zebra getting hunted by a lion (mounted & white bear).

Footfighter is unplayable right now and it's sad because mounted is just so brainless. Barely any skill involved with just a horse lvl and gear check. Same thing with white bears just click 1 button and the footfighter is dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: cerqo

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
I feel sorry for all the new and semi new players that are going to try the game next week many of them will be destroyed by mounted spears and white bears. And for the life of me I can't understand how SV never learned from the mistakes that they made in MO1.

Reactions: cerqo and Bicorps

ulfy

Mar 31, 2021
MC often feels this way, even in games with better mechanics in place (Mordhau)... everyone still hates horses.

I'm hoping that there will be some better counters coming down the line, since knockdown & knockback effects seem to be missing from a lot of things. They also need to add some level of fear for horses... rearing & turning away behavior under certain conditions.

The low hanging fruit though, would be:

• Can't cross center-line of horse with couched weapon
  • Slower movement speed of couched weapon
  • Min speed to couch weapon

Those are things that other games have implemented and should be relatively easy.

Reactions: cerqo

lagsmith

Aug 30, 2021
i lol'd at this shitpost, the amount of ignorance is laughable. there's plenty of counters to MCs/Tamers yet these clowns refuse to alter there play style.

last night for the first time they discovered you could actually dismount MCs, using a strong enough blunt weapon. shows you how much they actually know about the game 99% these kid's spend there entire in this game dueling with a simple FF meta or hybrid build in one location or crying in discord about there short sighted vision of "balance in the game"

same 10 players, who are constantly crying they can't 1v1 everything as a foot fighter, becuz muh game is based around 1v1s and not ZVZ.

same people who claim to care about the new player experience, yet i guarantee half these kids were the ones killing people in the fab bank during the first stress test driving away the new users they claim to care about so much lmfao.

Whitebears really hurt the game, they were not counterable outside of just suiciding a couple of people to kill it before it would be recalled and healed. People would even abuse log out mechanics if you killed them before the bear to save it. They also track ghost and will spawn camp the same player. They will also use bugs to transport the pet around the map faster. Before mounted all of the PvPers got tired of white bear and decided to reroll beastmaster fighters because why work hard at wining when you can just press a hotbar key. SV wants to give them armor still instead of balancing them.

yes the ghost tracking, needs to be fixed we can agree on that, same thing with pet attacks being somewhat parryable which is just a matter of animations being added.

let me translate this the above quote for you,

"I'm unable to play my rat playstyle run around with bone tissue/emalji weapons naked, because muh bear hits me for 60 obv op.
nor am i willing to play a thursar or dex fighter or MC, to counter him, and wearing decent armor/gear cmon man. Footfighter must reign supreme and be able to kill everything with minimal gear investment.

your last two points, again are just byproducts of incomplete systems it's almost like were in a beta.

Pet teleporting issue is mostly fixed with the nerf to pets following you in spirit, still needs tuning but remains in play as a band-aid fix due to the issues with pets hanging on node lines. very obvious this isn't going to make it into the final version of the game.

it's common knowledge the logout system is far from finalized as well, this will fix the pet issue your clearly so hurt about.

also to add on to your other laughable points.

#1 already confirmed nerd
#2 parry down, ( just so hard ik)
#3 incorrect, it affects turning and acceleration
#4 no you just need to hit your shots, or get some decent mages horse armor reduces 0% of mage damage.
#5 more whining, let's just remove mounted mages from the game is what he's saying.

looking forward to all the potential salt, this post is going to mine keep it coming.

Snasen

May 28, 2020
Totally agree to the min speed requirement to couch weap! It is too easy to just spam hits with it meanwhile circling at lower speed.

Also think every playstyle should have some way to dismount. Blunt wep works and EQ probably will, but an example would be add weakspot to the head through archery as an option to dismount. Would give more reason to get marksmanship and give high dex builds an option too.

Maybe add some kind of wounding mechanic on horses through slashing damage, forcing them into 1st or 2nd gear for a while?

But to balance mounted in general I think what we absolutely are in need of is a mechanic that is related to the horse/mount.
An example would be the mount getting scared through some kind of "fear meter" which increases through getting hit and maybe specific elemental attacks like fire has increased effect, or other specific actions through weapon skills, cladegifts or spells. Corrupting a horse could then also just keep ticking and not letting the meter go down.

Getting this "fear meter" up would give you less control over the horse and if it reaches the maximum you get a forced dismount and the horse flees for a while and wont listen to commands until the meters goes down to a certain treshhold.

The mounts PSY stats would probably determine the endurance of this "fear meter"

This would make people on foot at least potentially have higher sustain in their effectiveness in combat compared to mounted and also give everyone
a solid strategy to follow towards countering mounteds and not just a few certain builds. (like high str blunt fighter or max ecu mage with eq)

Last edited:

zers

Aug 4, 2021
i lol'd at this shitpost, the amount of ignorance is laughable. there's plenty of counters to MCs/Tamers yet these clowns refuse to alter there play style.

last night for the first time they discovered you could actually dismount MCs, using a strong enough blunt weapon. shows you how much they actually know about the game 99% these kid's spend there entire in this game dueling with a simple FF meta or hybrid build in one location or crying in discord about there short sighted vision of "balance in the game"

same 10 players, who are constantly crying they can't 1v1 everything as a foot fighter, becuz muh game is based around 1v1s and not ZVZ.

same people who claim to care about the new player experience, yet i guarantee half these kids were the ones killing people in the fab bank during the first stress test driving away the new users they claim to care about so much lmfao.

yes the ghost tracking, needs to be fixed we can agree on that, same thing with pet attacks being somewhat parryable which is just a matter of animations being added.

"I'm unable to play my rat playstyle run around with bone tissue/emalji weapons naked, because muh bear hits me for 60 obv op.
nor am i willing to play a thursar or dex fighter or MC, to counter him, and wearing decent armor/gear cmon man. Footfighter must reign supreme and be able to kill everything with minimal gear investment.

your last two points, again are just byproducts of incomplete systems it's almost like were in a beta.

Pet teleporting issue is mostly fixed with the nerf to pets following you in spirit, still needs tuning but remains in play as a band-aid fix due to the issues with pets hanging on node lines. very obvious this isn't going to make it into the final version of the game.

it's common knowledge the logout system is far from finalized as well, this will fix the pet issue your clearly so hurt about.

#4 no you just need to hit your shots, or get some decent mages horse armor reduces 0% of mage damage.
#5 more whining, let's just remove mounted mages from the game is what he's saying.

looking forward to all the potential salt, this post is going to mine keep it coming.

Ofcourse it's coming from the guy who only play tamer and click 1 button. Very skillful player here. Also in the guild with only tamer/mounted which is without a doubt the most unskillful gameplay in the game. Not suprised considering you guys flop 4v7 on foot with gear advantage so you have to resort to these easy braindead builds that is almost purely based on gear and pet lvl. It's a perfect fit for dogshit zerglings and not fun for people who want skillbased combat.

Reactions: cerqo and Tzone

lagsmith

Aug 30, 2021
Ofcourse it's coming from the guy who only play tamer and click 1 button. Very skillful player here. Also in the guild with only tamer/mounted which is without a doubt the most unskillful gameplay in the game. Not suprised considering you guys flop 4v7 on foot with gear advantage so you have to resort to these easy braindead builds that is almost purely based on gear and pet lvl. It's a perfect fit for dogshit zerglings and not fun for people who want skillbased combat.

ahh until this moment zers i thought u were gone, thanks for linking your YT channel.

imagine digging up a 3 month old clip to flex on the forums.

wanna post some more recent clips, i've lost count how many times i've dunked on you 1v3/4/5 in recent memory.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
ahh until this moment zers i thought u were gone, thanks for linking your YT channel.

wanna post some more recent clips, i've lost count how many times i've dunked on you 1v3/4/5 in recent memory.

That's not my YT channel. If you have a brain you can see that I'm in the video and draw the conclusion that it is in fact zyflops channel. But sure I can link you my channel. I'm probably more known as PVERPCRAFTER and I highly doubt you have ever 1v3/4/5'd me. However I have several clips of me dunking you.

Here is the channel if you want to take a look.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021

Let's do some math. You can have a total of 500+ hp with you and the mount ye? A 125 horse has 310+ hp if I recall. Now, lets take into consideration of stamina. Mounted combats can have easily more than 1300+ stamina. Essentially what you have here is a person with two lives. Not only that, but the horse can have steel armor. Now, we all know how short bows feel into steel. I don't need to elaborate on that. The whole you can have a mage shoot it down. Let's say you tlash it on a bulging mage. You'll hit about 50 to 40 damage a tlash probably. My fulms were hitting 50-60 damage, so I feel thats a really safe number to say. That's 8 tlashes to kill one horse? Let's take that out of a mana pool now. You've just lost an entire mage bar worth of mana. How is this balanced. You have to lose out 200+ mana to kill a horse? How does this even make sense to you?

Your debate is just find a counter play. So, what you fail to consider is the mounted always dictates the fight. The MC doesn't have to geat near a blunt weapon. It also doesn't have to get near a mage that he sees que up an eq. You'll never be in ranged to dismount mounted mages or MA. This is just simple. You can never die on a mount unless you choose to die. And or the opponent also has mounts. The whole game shouldn't be balanced around mounted combat of some form, but that's the life we're living. Majority of players are playing mounted combat, archery or mage. Why is this?

From what I've seen in MO1 videos, dismounting a mounted combat actually does nothing. He eventually gets back on his horse and repeats the cycle. There wasn't really a big punishment for him in most vids now is there.

Now your whole argument that's not a completed system. Well, I'm sorry to break it to you, but nothing is a completed system yet. They keep trying to add more content, before finishing or fixing existing issues.

Now, if you want to talk about tames. Let's talk about how you can get incredible strong pets without travelling 5 mins from a town. The fact you can get a white bear or tardog is actually dog shit. You should have to venture out into the world. The whole game currently is catering to lazy noobs. It's so obvious, look at what they did to lictor guards.

Footies are in a terrible spot right now everybody knows it. When they shouldn't be. I think more people in the game enjoy being a footy than anything else, but everybody would rather win. So they elect to take cheesy skilless points to win. 1k hp and does 60 damage with a tame that is less than 5 mins of travel from a town is utterly trash. The fact you cannot outrun a tame is utterly trash. The fact the game has so much dsync that you cant parry a tame is absolutely the most trash. You have to have multiple people to gun down one bear from ranged? Tames are king in small scale. This is why small scale is on life support. It's really simple your arguments are really invalid. I get this is the most success you've seen in the game, but playing mount to beat mount just doesn't make sense to me. Playing mount to kill a tame doesn't make sense to me. I wish you luck on learning how to right click in 4 different direction. I promise you its not that hard.

Also, for the record. The fact you can play MC, MA and mage is just utter trash let me say it.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021

Also, I hope you do upload some clips. The most recent ones are utterly terrible. You guys were really proud of zerging down booyeah 8v1. It's almost like that is the best content you have clipped.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
My 2 cuprum is that we need dismount mechanics put in already, there needs to be an increase in the time it takes for mounts to go from 2nd to 3rd gear, couching should not be able to be held indefinitely until you hit something, and Mounted Archery needs more sway than it currently has on top of needing a greater resource drain since it has no limiting factor other than how many hundreds of arrows you have (neither horse nor archer ever run out of stam).

lagsmith

Aug 30, 2021
That's not my YT channel. If you have a brain you can see that I'm in the video and draw the conclusion that it is in fact zyflops channel. But sure I can link you my channel. I'm probably more known as PVERPCRAFTER and I highly doubt you have ever 1v3/4/5'd me. However I have several clips of me dunking you.

Here is the channel if you want to take a look.

honestly i thought you and zers were two different people.

you nerds hide behind aliases so well, so afraid to taking an L and it being on the internet. imagine caring so much about your reputation over a video game.

link all the past clips you want, still clinging to old footage. haven't seen you on in ages your irrelevant as they come <3

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
[Deleted by order of Freehorses so I can keep getting heals]. That is ok tho we can work around that.
Then around when I started playing Bears. Bears where pretty strong and one player with little skill could make any 1v1 a 2v1. Was bad but limited used.
Then Whitebears came greatly harming the PvP side of the game with 900 health, faster then a playe, unparrable 40s that would be healed by a mage.

Before all the PvPers could reroll mounted armor came out. Mounted requires very low mechanical skill or tactical thinking. It hits for alot, gets hit for little and can disengauge everything except other mounted. Mounted was already very strong almost OP before armor. Most of the player abusing it right not were not good at melee nor anyother part of the game and will get destroyed by the good footfighters who just rerolled mounted. You can watch that videoby Shadow of a Man.
We all know mounted is insainly easy and broken with very little counter play.

There is very little counter play from foot fighters against mounted and footfighters cant finish the job on anymounted since they can run away with out issue. Mounted is killing the foot fighter game as foot fighters are all rerolling to be mounted so they can finish off and fight enemy mounted.
The best part and biggest draw to this game is PvP and mainly footfighting melee. The game is being killed by mounted, Im told similar to how MO1 was dying to OP things. SV is even going to add lances next patch, GG killing the game.

We still have people abusing running to water, and mages in water with not in water stabs in sight.

A lot of people are anti feedback and try to cover for SV. But SV needs real feedback and real feedback is STOP PUTTING OP LOW SKILL THINGS INTO THE GAME.
Alot of the PvPers just want to PvP, dont care for the win at anymeans mentality some of the community has. We want to be able to play the game as foot fighters, it is the most enjoyable thing about the game. Forget crafting you need two accounts just to PvP. You have to have a mounted, and you will prob need a foot fighter in the future.

Right now a lot of people are planning on abuseing mounted as much as possible to try and force a nerf. And then next will be white bear. They say they give it a month of doing this untill they see a fix or they quit playing the game since they cant foot fight.

Now my suggestions for nerfing mounted. Im not even going to say balance, it straight needs a hug nerf. I understand manpower is a issue for SV and they cant just make a animation for dismounting apear out of nowhere or waste time on a placeholder mechanic.

2nd: Couching requires no skill or thought, it has no penalty or cost to do it. You can hit people in all directions for massive damage just by pressing LMB and looking after tapping ww twice. You can litterally play the game one handed by binding W to a mouse button.
With lances coming out just have them couch with a large stamina cost so they have to time it and cant repeatidly just couch over and over touching a player for massive damage. Spears just make them have to stab so those players would have to at least thing about timing.
A lot of other people really just want the counting to have to be timed period and not just have a stamina drain.

3rd: Maybe its on SVs list but they have never fixed any of the other OP broken cheese things in the game they prob are going to put fixing how armor does not affect turning speed or speed in general.

4th: Maybe mounts need to slow down when they are greatly wounded. or have them cost more stamina if half health so that way if they make mistakes they can actually be punished. Right now how it goes is that not matter how many bad mistakes a mount makes agaisnt foot, they will not die and can always run away. You just cant finish mounteds as foot fighters.

5th: Add vetrnary and force people to get off their mounts to hill. This will greatly help stop how fast a mounted player can recover and get back into the fight. If all players can do is be a deterent then that deterent needs to have more prolonged effect then I heal my horse in20-30 seconds to negate all the damage done while being a MC or MA or MC/MA while having magic.
Maybe magic should heal a mount for less or something. It would be unfare for the MM only builds to be too harsh on this but pretty much every mounted player right now can heal their horse with magic while being a MC or MA.

6th: Why do foot archers which are weaker then mounted have sway while wallking to a ungodly degree but there is no increased sway at all while galloping on a MA? You can at least give a little increase to the up down sways distance of travel in 1st gear, a little bit faster in second, and then a good but still usable bump in 3rd gear. Fourth gear should be the hard to use one but doesnt even really mater since why waste stam unless you are chasing down another mounted.

Most peoples complaints are about how brain dead the class is to play. Foot fighters who are good at the game reroll to mounted to beable ot just fighter mounted but its too easy and they get board even tho they are winning fights. Its killing the game, there is just too much cheese that just keeps getting added and necromancy is on the way now too. Im not a vet, but we all heard of the horror stories of MO1 and to me it looks like those stories are repeating them selves again. If mounted took more skill and wasnt boring you might get more people intersted in the game.

I actuall like this game alot, that is why I am being blunt with this. I appreciate SV for doing what they are doing in creating a niche subscription no cashshop game. That is why I will say what is really going on and be extreamly critical of what is going on with the state of the game. I dont care about winning by any means nessisasary.

10/10 feedback

lagsmith

Aug 30, 2021
Also, I hope you do upload some clips. The most recent ones are utterly terrible. You guys were really proud of zerging down booyeah 8v1. It's almost like that is the best content you have clipped.

don't have the attention span to read your first post.

also dude honestly, not my footage, not involved in the clip really don't care.

I'll upload clips when i feel like it, have other shit I'd rather do atm.

and who are you again? another fan?

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
don't have the attention span to read your first post.

also dude honestly, not my footage, not involved in the clip really don't care.

I'll upload clips when i feel like it, have other shit I'd rather do atm.

and who are you again? another fan?

so butthurt, go logg in meduli kill 5-6 people by pressing 1 button( pet attack) it might calm you down a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: Tzone and cerqo