Third skill tree: The arts

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
A third skill tree, often called "social skills", has been suggested on numerous occasions. In my opinion it would be more suitable to call this third skill tree "The arts".

The arts skill tree should contain skills that mainly impact visuals.

Some skills that could be part of the arts tree:
- Painting (see: https://www.mortalonline2.com/forum...a-new-profession-the-painter.2608/#post-31339)
- Tattoos
- Barber
- Hairdresser
- etc.

I suggest the skill point pool to be limited to 200 points and each art should be tiered into two primaries, giving the opportunity to master one art or be average in two:
- Basic Art (Primary)
-- Basic Style 1 (Secondary)
-- Basic Style n ( Secondary)
-- Advanced Art (Primary)
--- Advanced Style 1 (Secondary)
--- Advanced Style n (Secondary)

Please discuss and suggest additions / improvements.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Why not just set them as Secondary skills in the profession tree? Unless the Primary pool is important in a gameplay sense toward arts but I feel as though it could just be a Secondary Parent and maybe for those who want to go deeper, give Primary pools as children in the tree.

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
Why not just set them as Secondary skills in the profession tree? Unless the Primary pool is important in a gameplay sense toward arts but I feel as though it could just be a Secondary Parent and maybe for those who want to go deeper, give Primary pools as children in the tree.

If these are put under professions as primaries, noone will pick them up because they seem rather useless from a gameplay perspective. If they are put as secondaries, anyone can have all of them removing the RP / interaction aspect that would otherwise come with these skills.

Reactions: Kokolo

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
I am glad to see more people interested and I 100% agree. :D

I do wonder if SV had other plans though. Henrik said in his stream that there will be special tatoo designs that will have magical properties. Those properties might be valid from a professions point if made impactful enough IMO. Personally I would still prefer to have a 3rd skill tree with 100 or 200 primary points to spend. I'd like to trim a beard or two in between making potions.