Please dont ruin the logout system

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Or we can save them some dev time by preventing them from making a mechanic that the majority of players dont want. And pleasing the players is very important in a game people have to sub to play.
They're not doing this mechanic because it's something they thought would be fun tho, it's to keep grimy players from doing instalogging crap, or diving into water and crashing client kind of junk, and to keep people from logcamping lucrative spots in dungeons etc.

So the problem will be just how annoying is it to deal with on a daily basis for everyone else just to achieve that goal of preventing instalogging in all forms. but we don't know that because we haven't interacted with it yet...so just wait and then give feedback and they'll change it until it's tolerable.

I'm more cynical than most concerning SV ideas and abilities, but I'm not really worried about this one.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
They're not doing this mechanic because it's something they thought would be fun tho, it's to keep grimy players from doing instalogging crap, or diving into water and crashing client kind of junk.

So the problem will be just how annoying is it to deal with on a daily basis for everyone else just to achieve that goal of preventing instalogging in all forms. but we don't know that because we haven't interacted with it yet...so just wait and then give feedback and they'll change it until it's tolerable.

I'm more cynical than most concerning SV ideas and abilities, but I'm not really worried about this one.
Their job as game devs is to solve these issues without making the fix an annoying thing we have to deal with. Theres many other ways they can fix these issues, as already stated in the thread through various replies. No reason for them to implement it poorly when players are giving good feedback on better ways to do it.

Reactions: Rorry

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Their job as game devs is to solve these issues without making the fix an annoying thing we have to deal with. Theres many other ways they can fix these issues, as already stated in the thread through various replies. No reason for them to implement it poorly when players are giving good feedback on better ways to do it.
My main point is that it is no surprise that we're getting the system that we're getting as it has been discussed by Henrik a multitude of times going back 6 months or more probably. Maybe it would have been a good idea to rant and rave about it before now when it's in the next patch or 2 and probably 90% done. At this point you see how it actually gets implemented and functions, then give feedback.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
My main point is that it is no surprise that we're getting the system that we're getting as it has been discussed by Henrik a multitude of times going back 6 months or more probably. Maybe it would have been a good idea to rant and rave about it before now when it's in the next patch or 2 and probably 90% done. At this point you see how it actually gets implemented and functions, then give feedback.
We have ranted and raved about it all along. SV just didn't hear.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
We have ranted and raved about it all along. SV just didn't hear.
ya maybe, but you rant and rave about everything....
Still tho, if it completely sucks, which it might, we have to test it and see, then give feedback and they can adjust it or something. They're mostly done with it at this point, they're not going to drop it before putting it in to see how it plays.

Reactions: Fakejade

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
ya maybe, but you rant and rave about everything....
Still tho, if it completely sucks, which it might, we have to test it and see, then give feedback and they can adjust it or something. They're mostly done with it at this point, they're not going to drop it before putting it in to see how it plays.
The problem is that once they put something in, they don't take it out even when it really sucks.

Reactions: cerqo and Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
It wasnt on the roadmap at all before, I was hoping they decided not to do it. Now that its on the roadmap its worth complaining about.

peegee77

Sep 13, 2020
If you'd seen the constant logoff traps and logoff exploits in MO1 you'd love this idea. It's simple. Log out at an inn. Log out at a campsite or campfire where other players have a visible warning that you might jump out and say "boo". Or just hide in a place where you'll be safe for 1/2 an hour... if you can't find somewhere out of sight on a map the size of Myrland you're not trying.

Northern Rooster

Apr 7, 2021
Its like when you go to have a shower and then you drop the soap and 8 guys log in behind you.

Or they just mean when you log out by a campfire you become rested or logout even faster which if I am not mistaken was an actual thing in UO back in the day like you had to log out in the Inn.

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Changing logout system to like half an hour just means that people will get free kills for no murder count. Can't comprehend how this is thought to be a good change. The easier solution to the logout problem is to increase logout time to 1 minute, can't log out on horses, can't log out in water (character will drown), and taking any type of damage cancels log out. Very simple fix to fix the issues with the system while not making it a time consuming process to get your character logged out of an already time consuming game.

May 28, 2020
How does building a campsite add to the time it takes to log out? If they put it on a 30 seconds timer to build and then you instantly log out where is the problem? It will be just like normal log out currently, you'll just be at risk if you don't bring it with you. Add an option to enable instant auto logout once the site is build and you can start building it and alt-f4 without problem.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
So does the camp fire stay in the world after you logged out if so how long?

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
So does the camp fire stay in the world after you logged out if so how long?

Camp fires in MO1 burnt for 10 minutes, I think. But you can easily craft a camp fire, or at least you could in MO1 by combining 100 wood and 100 stones (I don't remember the exact values and if you needed a special stone type).

MyrmexThraxvágr

May 28, 2020
France
discord.gg
The original ideas behind the logout change was to prevent logging out in dungeons, inside enemy houses, castles, etc.
I don't see how longer logout timers solve this issue.

Longer logout timer will prevent groups from just logging out instantly in any situation of combat which is strategically benefiting to the pvp community.
I am fed up with players disappearing if they are met with a superior force or even in a duel when the gap in skill is too high.
I'd rather have them play the game by the book and try survive in the world, that way everyone will benefit from it.

How about they fix the timer reset issue, once that's done after a hit his timer should renew atleast for a temporary solution.

After that I don't mind introducing camp fires where you safely can log out. Thing is this world is supposed to be dangerous and feel alive any travel or adventure without preparations is as good as doomed. I understand where they want to go with this. Me coming from a survival sandbox background.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Hopefully your campsite can’t be sieged or destroyed. If not, this will prevent log out wars and invisible armies.

I’m all for that.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Making the logout system any more difficult will just prevent me from logging in. With a wife and kids I have to logout at a moments notice to make mac and cheese, clean up a mess or wipe an ass. I just won't have clear cut time I can dedicate to a video game if logging out is a task.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Making the logout system any more difficult will just prevent me from logging in. With a wife and kids I have to logout at a moments notice to make mac and cheese, clean up a mess or wipe an ass. I just won't have clear cut time I can dedicate to a video game if logging out is a task.
I get it, logout wars is an issue though.

I think its a worth a try.