Catalysts are dumb, pointless, and a waste of player's time.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
See thread title.

Better make sure you remember to dump in a bucket of water with your rocks because nothing makes ore extraction less tedious than more tedium.

Reactions: Bicorps

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
i dont mind catalysts, they give some variety to extraction and mean you have to make choices on how efficient your extraction process will be, and how to best adjust the process to fit your current inventory of materials.

i wish there was some variety for butchery and some form of refining process for animal mats

-barcode

Piet

May 28, 2020
It's not bad. I mean the water is kind of pointless but most of the catalysts are a gold sink and also make it so people have to actually figure stuff out with how extracting works.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
It would be great if at persistent release they put in a whole new system, with different ratios, and recipes, and protected the files somehow so the data couldn't be mined so that research would have to be done so that crafting wouldn't be just following the same path again.

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Catalysts only make sense if the current catalysts tables are wiped and we have to rediscover for the new game. Essentially anything that carrys over from first game with knowledge makes the system pointless, because the knowledge has already been discovered.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I like the catalysts.

I got quite a lot of enjoyment out of knowing that a lot of common ratios for extracting things were actually wrong, and that I knew a slightly more efficient way to do certain things.

I'm personally not a fan of simplifying systems just for the sake of it, as the catalyst requirement isn't that tedious at all for me.

It's also very important for regional trade as certain areas that have an abundance of something may need resources transported from elsewhere in order to efficiently process their local materials.

Northern Rooster

Apr 7, 2021
We should just have a vending machine that your press a button and it dispenses free resources. Save us the tedium of mining as well.

Sure just remove the entire skill system and make it a team deathmatch 90% of the game just prevents me from joining a zerg and clipping a 2 minute reel of me being good from 700 hours of footage to post on YouTube.

If you like this post don't forget to subscribe for a chance to win an exclusive official unofficial mo discord title.

Reactions: KermyWormy

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
We should just have a vending machine that your press a button and it dispenses free resources. Save us the tedium of mining as well.

Sure just remove the entire skill system and make it a team deathmatch 90% of the game just prevents me from joining a zerg and clipping a 2 minute reel of me being good from 700 hours of footage to post on YouTube.

If you like this post don't forget to subscribe for a chance to win an exclusive official unofficial mo discord title.

Nothing but a good old straw man to show you missed the plot completely.

It's either tedious or non-existent at all, right? There is no in-between.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I guess they went for something close to realistic, if have ever seen minerals and gemstones going through processing there is water everywhere.

A whole new set would be great and give us something to figure out.