Remove lictors from graveyards

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Why the hell is safezone farming a thing now? We never had this security in MO1 and lictors were only placed at capital cities. Now every graveyard has a lictor inside that ignores mobs so you can farm in complete safety? Are we adding a pvp toggle next?

Atr3au

Sep 22, 2020
Is this a confirmed permanent feature or something temp. implemented because people were killing players with pets and you couldn't defend yourself or you would flag crim. Maybe im misunderstanding their purpose.

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
Being vulnerable in the graveyard is one of the first thrills that noobs have been experiencing. Leave it be.
Another example is the 2 elite guards that have been placed right on the crusher at Meduli. Ruins the fun..

The game has had a real positive buzz about it all week. Nothing major like this had to change

Last edited:
Reactions: SOAKED

Priamus

Dec 17, 2020
Sweden
Why the hell is safezone farming a thing now? We never had this security in MO1 and lictors were only placed at capital cities. Now every graveyard has a lictor inside that ignores mobs so you can farm in complete safety? Are we adding a pvp toggle next?
I think a majority is positive to these changes, but they are probably not on this forum. We are in a stress test with a lot of new people who want to try out the game. Combined with an unfinished reputation-flagging system it's probably not positive for anyone being ganked while trying stuff out. It's not permamnent for sure, with exception I hope with guards near crusher/grinders if they belong to a guarded town.

m0rli

Apr 4, 2021
Oh noes we can't just roll newbies who've been playing the game for only a couple hours doing a poor to mediocre farm because they're too noob to know there's better, whatever will we do :(

Haha big no. Put some effort into your ganks.

says a player which guild members were farming one lad on the priest cuz he killed a horse.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Once better loot areas are added into the game this will be such a small thing. At the moment most people use graveyards to farm and thats where reds like to gank. You now have to get more players to take out the guards to kill the players. Once there are more dungeons and high value areas to farm then you can find PvP there all the time.

Also I don't see an issue with allowing shit players / new players / whatever to farm gold in a very slow rate in relative safety. (Can always gank them between GY and bank or kill the guards and then the players) so that they can continue to play and have a chance to regear and fight if they want. Imagine being a player who isn't a good player that cannot even farm or progress in any way because of a single red player killing everyone or a small group. This is why people quit MO1, everyone should be able to progress in some way even when there are reds around.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
So since the graveyard is "relatively" safe in comparison to 95% of the rest of the map being non protected. It is comparable to making PvP an option? Lets be real, killing newbies in the GY is some pretty lame stuff to begin with. Go outside into the world and PvP.

It was mostly new players and bad players killing each other. Learning the game on a low risk and investment level. Now that has been removed. More will be removed in the future.

Of course this is used for virtue signaling and political purposes as seen above. You heathen scum just can´t resist filling your empty chests with hot air and letting out moral sounding garbage.

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Being vulnerable in the graveyard is one of the first thrills that noobs have been experiencing. Leave it be.
Another example is the 2 elite guards that have been placed right on the crusher at Meduli. Ruins the fun..

The game has had a real positive buzz about it all week. Nothing major like this had to change
Maybe this is a temporary solution or maybe its not. And I may be a vet of disenting voice here but I think this may be needed anyway. We have 5-7 thousand players in Discord at any one time during this stress test. We want people to learn the game in Haven (I agree there should be massive limits there) and then move to main server. IF new players have been told to go the graveyard to farm up monies for supplies and vets just hang out and grief them, they WILL quit after the stress test and never return. I think the lesson that needs to be learned from MO1 is that if you want a populated game with players from every play style, MO2 needs to adapt. How fun was it release plus 2 years in MO1 without any new blood to speak of?

I agree this SHOULD be a "hardcore" game (that's why we love it, right?) and that the risk feels, and is, real but we need to have it succeed or there will be no game for us to enjoy.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
I'm all for keeping the world dangerous and removing as many checks and balances that prevent social interaction and pvp but let's be honest, the graveyard at EVERY city has clearly been implemented in a way that enables someone that is new OR someone that has lost everything and has nothing in the local bank, to be able to gear up appropriately.

Perhaps once the world is fleshed out a bit more, the lictor at the graveyards can take a break.

Reactions: Suttner

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
The tutorial has failed miserably if new players think their main income should come from walker heads. It should be considering a place for quick cash when you need it, not a farming spot you stand for a considerable amount of time.

The lictor there is not needed. If it for a temporary fix due to bugs then it's fine, but if not, then the lictor should be moved to another location.

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
Having a small area to farm at a slow rate to get back on your feet after you lost everything is a good thing for the game. History has shown time and time again 100 percent gankboxes always die and they have massive player retention problems. There's a reason why games like eve online and albion have flourished with their high security space or yellow zone in albion compared to pvp everywhere games like last oasis , LIF, mo1 ect. Even if the game world is 99 percent lawless and 1 percent safe space the griefers will still cry because can't murder noobs and nakeds for the luls in that 1 percent safe area.

Stop trying to seal club and go fight real players at actual spawns that matter.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
One vote for lictors being good. Noobs will have plenty of options to be griefed after Haven. Having guarded areas where they can still be attacked in areas they expect (major cities and graveyards) is good. As others have mentioned as long as the farm is very minimal it's fine.

I honestly could care less if this is the game people loved in MO1. The wide world is being exposed to elements of the game you used to love. The new game should be evaluated from that perspective of what will be the best to welcome newer players into experiencing this world not whether this game is setting sector presentation of the previous one.

This game is not intended to be an uprezzed version of MO1 it is meant to be a reimagining of it which allows more people to enjoy it. If the core game gets lost in that transition, that's a worry, but small changes that allow newer people to stick around and have a slower transition into the hardcore elements are almost always a good thing.