New player guides (Build guides, Book locations, Skill req., Crafter guides etc)

DaChieftain

Nov 20, 2020
Hello, this is for all the new players that could use that little bit of extra info. Credit goes to [BEAR] PacXen. This is the kind of guides we've created for our guilds (BEAR) - shameless plug. But hopefully it helps everyone.

Accurate as of 1/3/22
These are currently still under construction but info should be solid. If anything might be wrong please let us know!

Last edited:

Looney

Mar 18, 2021
New Player.

Confused looking at the Stats for a Jack of all Trades build:
St - 104 (+5)
Dex - 93 (-5)
Con - 93
Int - 53
Psy - 45

So you cant start a build like this , so i assume this is the goal?

Trying to figure out how to get started with a build like this?

DaChieftain

Nov 20, 2020
New Player.

Confused looking at the Stats for a Jack of all Trades build:
St - 104 (+5)
Dex - 93 (-5)
Con - 93
Int - 53
Psy - 45

So you cant start a build like this , so i assume this is the goal?

Trying to figure out how to get started with a build like this?
You can absolutely "start" with that build, you make the character to have the max stats you want. Then you progress the character and fill those stats up with your atributes. Hope that helps. The +5 / -5 are from stout, it's an effect of body weight.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Good job!

For the books, Zoology children lores can be bought at the zoologist vendors, they are in the mountaineous area between meduli and vadda. More specifically the valley(Ant highway on the meduli side) that runs south of vadda and towards bakti. They are important for butchering as well as taming.

I have not confirmed his location yet, but im assuming a lot of the endurance related skills(such as passive regen) and some others are on the hermit vendor. Which should be in the area near mohki. He used to be on top of a mountain there in mo1.

DaChieftain

Nov 20, 2020
Good job!

For the books, Zoology children lores can be bought at the zoologist vendors, they are in the mountaineous area between meduli and vadda. More specifically the valley(Ant highway on the meduli side) that runs south of vadda and towards bakti. They are important for butchering as well as taming.

I have not confirmed his location yet, but im assuming a lot of the endurance related skills(such as passive regen) and some others are on the hermit vendor. Which should be in the area near mohki. He used to be on top of a mountain there in mo1.

This is correct, we have confirmed.

Reactions: bbihah

dragonuff

Apr 4, 2021
does anyone know where the heavy armor book is it wasnt in the guide thank you for making this as a new player it helps

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I didn't see any shield crafting in the list under profession skill guide. Please add.

Shield crafting is very straight forward and a guide would be a very small 15 second footnote.

There are no stats to shields other than durability and weight. You just have to use materials that give you a mix of low weight and good durability.

At some point maybe we will get damage absorb values or maybe even the ability to block spells with shields. But not for now.

Last edited:

ixxxo

Mar 27, 2021
Thank you for great guide. Two notes:
* Risar Berserker Armor book missing
* Risar Soldier Armor book in Jungle Camp was increased to 9g (checked 3 days ago post patch)

Reactions: DaChieftain

Bansidhe

Apr 21, 2021
Newb here, on PC windows10, I click the link and goto a page, all links there are un-clickable and the cursor is in edit mode. any tips on how to progress?