Magic is stupid in mortal online 2

Not

Mar 2, 2021
As long as you cant cast combat spells with at least equal mecanic and range than using a bow, mages are naked idiots. And heal spells are worse than a bandage.

Like I said in mortal online 1 at the betta.

Further, you could add long range spells and camouflage spell like predator and shift the mage to a more opportunistic gameplay influencing but not dominating a battle without going suicide.

The longer the cast time the longer the range could bring some interesting developments as well...

Last edited:
Reactions: StreamerLord

Soothsayer

Nov 12, 2020
This is a really poorly made point. Your arrows are not that good against Oghmium and corrupt is arguably the most important spell in the game. There is also earthquake. Magic adds another dimension and strategy to the combat and we are only talking about ecumenical spells so far.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
mages have always filled a support role and I believe that’s by design. If mages could go toe to toe with foot fighters there would be no point in playing a foot fighter because melee fighting requires a lot more skill and expensive gear. Everyone would just run around as a naked mage instead. The whole point of a mage is that it’s a cheap low skill, low risk way of participating in pvp. But the draw back is that you are at a disadvantage.
dont get me wrong, a good mage can kill an average skilled foot fighter( seen it many times) but it’s certainly not easy andoften requires the right circumstances.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
Im going magic:bow at first ||| Into magic:creature control later with no elemental. Full herding an all that.
Ive resigned myself to knowing, that I may have to get in close for RPKs. So I need to manifest rat mentality "trickery" for that "Im pretty straight edge these days", so its going to be difficult for me.

Not

Mar 2, 2021
mages have always filled a support role and I believe that’s by design. If mages could go toe to toe with foot fighters there would be no point in playing a foot fighter because melee fighting requires a lot more skill and expensive gear. Everyone would just run around as a naked mage instead. The whole point of a mage is that it’s a cheap low skill, low risk way of participating in pvp. But the draw back is that you are at a disadvantage.
dont get me wrong, a good mage can kill an average skilled foot fighter( seen it many times) but it’s certainly not easy andoften requires the right circumstances.

And it have been always stupid gameplay which at best will be botted.

Thank you for making my point bigger.

This game never had mages other than spider magic taming or minotaur pet... it is stupid mechanic.

It will make much more sense to make all combat spells act like bow and arrow. You dont even get the chance to reflect a simple arrow... nor cast a magic ice arrow spell which could function like a bow.

Not

Mar 2, 2021
Im going magic:bow at first ||| Into magic:creature control later with no elemental. Full herding an all that.
Ive resigned myself to knowing, that I may have to get in close for RPKs. So I need to manifest rat mentality "trickery" for that "Im pretty straight edge these days", so its going to be difficult for me.
That is the other wrong thing, why are spells having ridiculous short range if they are so easy to disrupt why not just make them long range and target pased like a bow... then it would make sense.

Reactions: Xunila

Not

Mar 2, 2021
This is a really poorly made point. Your arrows are not that good against Oghmium and corrupt is arguably the most important spell in the game. There is also earthquake. Magic adds another dimension and strategy to the combat and we are only talking about ecumenical spells so far.

You just thinking into you like mages to be permanently useless. Say the truth instead of coming with ridiculous posts.

There is not even a point to discuss if you are going to say ridiculous biased stupidities as if any spell could be use in combat even at a fraction of the power a simple savage bow can do.

And if you like a mage to be suport then at least should be asking for great utility spells but here you are saying any spell is useful, even remotely in a tinie niche.

Not

Mar 2, 2021
Also the system spesifically make it imposible to play a mage with bow and be effective.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
one slight issue i see in MO2 is that, for magic, the 1 char limitation becomes quite worst. as stated, mages are fundamental support characters in pvp, but kinda useless for anything else. having only one character available makes this playstyle quite shallow imo.

in MO1, pretty much everyone rolled a mage/hybrid alt to swap from the main foot fighter/mounted when bored. being forced into mage with one character only, which you probably cannot even use to farm animal materials or mine because of stat distribution, is gonna be a pretty limiting game experience.

maybe with thievery a mage could diversify into a thief/tamer, or maybe new magic schools will help mages become more versatile characters

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
one slight issue i see in MO2 is that, for magic, the 1 char limitation becomes quite worst. as stated, mages are fundamental support characters in pvp, but kinda useless for anything else. having only one character available makes this playstyle quite shallow imo.

in MO1, pretty much everyone rolled a mage/hybrid alt to swap from the main foot fighter/mounted when bored. being forced into mage with one character only, which you probably cannot even use to farm animal materials or mine because of stat distribution, is gonna be a pretty limiting game experience.

maybe with thievery a mage could diversify into a thief/tamer, or maybe new magic schools will help mages become more versatile characters

This is under rated comment and something I thought about as I was playing. Being stuck on one character kinda sucks when you look at the big picture of things.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
That is the other wrong thing, why are spells having ridiculous short range if they are so easy to disrupt why not just make them long range and target pased like a bow... then it would make sense.
Arrows are a shaft (haha) with a point. Magiks different bro.

Not

Mar 2, 2021

So you are another guy whom think magic should not have at least range of a bow and shoot based on skill like a bow, because you prepher them useless.

Not

Mar 2, 2021
Arrows are a shaft (haha) with a point. Magiks different bro.
Excuse me all games with magic have some sort of magic arrow, there is no reason to strip the unarmored class from combat dps at range with aiming combat spells instead of the multitude of useless crap spells they are ddveloping.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
unless you are throwing an atom at someone from 50yards, yes, magik summons the elemental winds. Its not easy to pin point, like an arrow is.

Edit: its ETHER maing. we are actually forming atoms to create the object. Please tell me how you dont understand that the arrow is already made, therefore, no conjuration is need = time saver. Time saver = an easier time handling it. ...

Attachments

• Flying Ghost Shot.jpg
    Flying Ghost Shot.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Not

Mar 2, 2021
This is under rated comment and something I thought about as I was playing. Being stuck on one character kinda sucks when you look at the big picture of things.

... what about the thread go glorify that underated comment in a thread of your own.

Not

Mar 2, 2021
unless you are throwing an atom at someone from 50yards, yes, magik summons the elemental winds. Its not easy to pin point, like an arrow is.

Bullshit biased crap, magic is invented and mages and magic is USELESS, IN MORTAL ONLINE.

A BANDAGE IS THE BEST SPELL TO HEAL IS ABSOLUTELY BETTER THAN MAGIC AND A BOW IS BETTER TO DAMAGE.

There is no suport no utility no freaking reazon TO play a mage, and this is what you get when you send me spam saying mages can jump in the game now lol.

,i,,

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
okay, come to school with me and ill blow a spit buddle at you. It will float around, right from my mouth and maybe, just maybe im bettn its gona land on you. explain how I did that.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Bullshit biased crap, magic is invented and mages and magic is USELESS, IN MORTAL ONLINE.

A BANDAGE IS THE BEST SPELL TO HEAL IS ABSOLUTELY BETTER THAN MAGIC AND A BOW IS BETTER TO DAMAGE.

There is no suport no utility no freaking reazon TO play a mage, and this is what you get when you send me spam saying mages can jump in the game now lol.

,i,,
How much damage does your arrow deal on steel armor? And how much damage is a mage able to deal with a single spell? You notice something?

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
just bc some fat ass is standing in the way of a point I set of fire, doesnt make it my fault.