GK monopoly on best resources needs rework.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I have never understood why people have such a hard time accessing resources. There is a thing called traders and traders. IF all players could access tepra in different locations effortlessly there would be no conflict. Having enough power to take the best resource spots is part of the nature of the world. It is normal. The strong take the resources. The weak do not. It is a natural law. I never had an army but I was able to have many resources. If you want to have the best, look for a good merchant and buy the resources you want. IN MO1 majority tepra y take in sarduca. Was easy take much stacks.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I never asked for thepra or any resource to be evenly scattered across the map by the way. Not sure why everyone seems to think so.
All I said is that GK has too many high end resources. I dont care if they keep thepra and gabore but other things like the furnaces and bull horses and lucrative dungeons should be moved.

No part of the map should be loaded with all the high end resources.

Also thanks Ibbaruri but trading is boring. I rather get my Cronite from dead enemies.

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I never asked for thepra or any resource to be evenly scattered across the map by the way. Not sure why everyone seems to think so.
All I said is that GK has too many high end resources. I dont care if they keep thepra and gabore but other things like the furnaces and bull horses and lucrative dungeons should be moved.

No part of the map should be loaded with all the high end resources.

Also thanks Ibbaruri but trading is boring. I rather get my Cronite from dead enemies.

Well I get it. I personally have always liked to trade. But I understand that not everyone likes it.

NINEN

Dec 20, 2020
There are a few points missing from this argument that some need to recognize.

1. There is a lore reason for why GK area have no guards, limited vendors, quality horse breeds, and tephra. The company does not want to steer too far away from that just because some players decided they dont think its fair.
2. Mortal Online (and by extension Mortal Online 2) is an unrelenting game with zero mercy, and the fact is that if you want tephra you may have to fight the kings in the north for it.

Reactions: Vagrant

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Im for more regional resources.

Like no saburra should be out of saburra area (meduli).

Calx should be ONLY REALLY ONLY be on rivers and lakes.
TEPHRA only in the tephra crater.
Gabore only in the north.

Scales only in the jungle.
Granum should be everywhere.

some resources and animals should only be in that reagion.

And not one i mean literally NO Tree of the north in the south and other way round.
Same with animals and same with any resource nodes.

Not even hidden in a cave, somewhere on the other side of the map a tephra node like the vadda node.

NO there shouldn't be tephra. in fucking vadda. not evne a single one.

Same with trees. no there shouldn't be one tree that normally grows on the opther side of the map. just no.

Resources should be bound to specific areas ONLY. not one single node elsewhere.

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Im for more regional resources.

Like no saburra should be out of saburra area (meduli).

Calx should be ONLY REALLY ONLY be on rivers and lakes.
TEPHRA only in the tephra crater.
Gabore only in the north.

Scales only in the jungle.
Granum should be everywhere.

some resources and animals should only be in that reagion.

And not one i mean literally NO Tree of the north in the south and other way round.
Same with animals and same with any resource nodes.

Not even hidden in a cave, somewhere on the other side of the map a tephra node like the vadda node.

NO there shouldn't be tephra. in fucking vadda. not evne a single one.

Same with trees. no there shouldn't be one tree that normally grows on the opther side of the map. just no.

Resources should be bound to specific areas ONLY. not one single node elsewhere.
just no, complete monopols have alot of drawbacks.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
just no, complete monopols have alot of drawbacks.
who the fuck talks about monopol? can you read?
Im just talking about why vadda has tephra, it shouldn't be there.
Tephra should be only in the north and near gaul kor.

no offense but please explain the drawbacks i dont see any, i want to understand your point.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
If the lore makes for bad mechanics than the problem is with the lore

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
who the fuck talks about monopol? can you read?
Im just talking about why vadda has tephra, it shouldn't be there.
Tephra should be only in the north and near gaul kor.

no offense but please explain the drawbacks i dont see any, i want to understand your point.
its a monopol when you have only tephra in GK, regional resources yes but at least one bad spot in addition. i dont refer to the other things you said like calx on rivers.
the problem with monopols is like in the real world. you have one deciding power and their motivations can be so different that its possible for example to keep oghmium out of the game for 10 years. or make towers just available for their allies.
you need some economical competetition about resources not just about the spot where they grow.

Last edited:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
its a monopol when you have only tephra in GK, regional resources yes but at least one bad spot in addition. i dont refer to the other things you said like calx on rivers.
the problem with monopols is like in the real world. you have one deciding power and their motivations can be so different that its possible for example to keep oghmium out of the game for 10 years. or make towers just available for their allies.
you need some economical competetition about resources not just about the spot where they grow.
I would say exactly the opposite is what generate conflict and fights. And meaningfull politics, that is exactly what the game needs. but more node in the gaul kor area for example.

but it will never be a monopol you cant wall opf everything. so?

Reactions: Avenoma

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
I would say exactly the opposite is what generate conflict and fights. And meaningfull politics, that is exactly what the game needs. but more node in the gaul kor area for example.

but it will never be a monopol you cant wall opf everything. so?
the siege conflict about the best spot is enough.
for example once a big guild is settled in GK they may stay their forever and can make the whole area and resources basically unavailable for 99% of the population. more nodes can work if they are spread very wide apart. this is only enjoable for some people in the end.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
the siege conflict about the best spot is enough.
for example once a big guild is settled in GK they may stay their forever and can make the whole area and resources basically unavailable for 99% of the population. more nodes can work if they are spread very wide apart. this is only enjoable for some people in the end.
There wont be walls outside keeps, if a guild wants to theoretically lock down the tephra then they would have to camp it 24/7 and pvp anyone that tries to mine it. That sounds like alot of pvp, I dont see the issue there? Maybe not everyone should have access to cron/ogh. If you cant beat them then you can trade for it or try to do alliance with other guilds. Politics and all that shit.

If it was like MO1 where u can pop up some walls and go mine like it is Haven then that would be a problem.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
There wont be walls outside keeps, if a guild wants to theoretically lock down the tephra then they would have to camp it 24/7 and pvp anyone that tries to mine it. That sounds like alot of pvp, I dont see the issue there? Maybe not everyone should have access to cron/ogh. If you cant beat them then you can trade for it or try to do alliance with other guilds. Politics and all that shit.

If it was like MO1 where u can pop up some walls and go mine like it is Haven then that would be a problem.
like it is right now there is now way that anyone whos not in the guild can mine for example the only tephra crater cause the controling guild will be big and you can place houses everywhere there will always be people who see you coming with the new char system and not like in MO1 with a constant low playerbase where you could sneak in at off times and mine some stacks. you dont need walls to get the monopol. therefore you need to make sure that you have resources out of the control radius of one guild.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
like it is right now there is now way that anyone whos not in the guild can mine for example the only tephra crater cause the controling guild will be big and you can place houses everywhere there will always be people who see you coming with the new char system and not like in MO1 with a constant low playerbase where you could sneak in at off times and mine some stacks. you dont need walls to get the monopol. therefore you need to make sure that you have resources out of the control radius of one guild.

working as intended then really,
even back when MO population was higher and both north keeps were active it was a great source of war and trading,
it was also easier to watch and mine when people had their alt toons logged out there but the one character system should make it more realistic,
this stuff is the lifeblood of the politics and trading

Reactions: Speznat

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
working as intended then really,
even back when MO population was higher and both north keeps were active it was a great source of war and trading,
it was also easier to watch and mine when people had their alt toons logged out there but the one character system should make it more realistic,
this stuff is the lifeblood of the politics and trading
i mined my tower for example with meduli tephra, GK was just available for GUTS and DREAD or some single friends at my time and you also had no real resource monopols in MO1. just things like the blast furnace which was too good imo.
there is no trading with monopols, there will by only politics with who is more in bed with whom in Discord. there will be low tier guilds and high tier guilds without any chance of change once the meta is settled.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
If anyone thinks GK is OP then they havent spent enough time there. In-fighting will make sure outsiders are welcome and theres a great balance with no saburra around.

Reactions: Bicorps